Seemed like a no-brainer to me. Miller is far more mobile than Boyd and unfortunately Boyd had to go.

Aye, it's easy enough to say that in retrospect, but not too many Rangers fans would have been saying to themselves 'get Boyd off and replace him with Naismith' !! Walter made the call though & it payed off...

Aye, it's easy enough to say that in retrospect, but not too many Rangers fans would have been saying to themselves 'get Boyd off and replace him with Naismith' !! Walter made the call though & it payed off...

At the time, I thought that it would be sensible to replace Boyd and Naismith was certainly a more obvious choice than Beasley given his ability to tackle, although I hadn't given it any more thought than that.

I must admit to being in the "hes been terrible but dnt take off our one chance for a goal" category. My substitutions are always impeccable on manager games too. Miller, btw, must be the ultimate anti-confidence player - any normal person after that shockign contribution and those bizarre attempts on goal would have concluded it wasnt their day.

I must admit to being in the "hes been terrible but dnt take off our one chance for a goal" category. My substitutions are always impeccable on manager games too. Miller, btw, must be the ultimate anti-confidence player - any normal person after that shockign contribution and those bizarre attempts on goal would have concluded it wasnt their day.

Stupidity can be such an effective defence against the colliewobbles.:)

Seemed like a no-brainer to me. Miller is far more mobile than Boyd and unfortunately Boyd had to go.

I'm one of Boydie's biggest fans but I understood the decision at the time. May hvae backfired had it gone to penalties, but with Boyd on we might not have gotten to penalties. Miller stayed on due to greater mobility and was the reason for replacing Boyd with Naismith imo. When down to 9 men we needed all the legs we could get on the field.

Yes totally agree with that. Boyd is at his most dangerous in the box and it was obvious we were not going to have much box time. Good decision.