Miller through last week against Dundee Utd, with only the keeper to beat. Gets brought down. Chances of scoring if no foul? 90%. Ref gives yellow card

Man Utd game yesterday. Valencia running towards goal in control of the ball and gets brought down. Chances of scoring if no foul? 50%. Ref gives yellow card.

Cup final, and a high ball over the top, with a St Mirren player running towards a difficult bouncing ball, had not touched it and definitely not in control of it. Chances of scoring if no foul? 5%. Ref gives red card.

The inconsistency is very frustrating.

I too watched the Man Utd v Liverpool game and thought both incidents were similar - one outside the box and one inside the box - that's the only difference. A straight red card was extremely harsh.

The refereeing decisions were poor all day at the cup final yesterday.

I feel the total opposite to what Walter said in his post-match interview. I think Wilson's was a booking at most whereas Thomson's was a definate red. I'd have been seething if an opposition player had only been booked for a challenge like Thomson's. The Wilson one was staggering though. Craig Thomson was clearly trying to make a name for himself.

I too watched the Man Utd v Liverpool game and thought both incidents were similar - one outside the box and one inside the box - that's the only difference. A straight red card was extremely harsh.

The refereeing decisions were poor all day at the cup final yesterday.

Foor me, the big difefrence between the Rangers one and the Man Utd one was that the Man Utd player was actually in control of the ball.

Foor me, the big difefrence between the Rangers one and the Man Utd one was that the Man Utd player was actually in control of the ball.

I had the pleasure of comps for the press box yesterday and intregingly all the journalists had very very different takes on the sending off's especially Wilson's , amazingly most didn't even have the first clue about the actual rule on this type of sending off .

However the funniest thing I saw was spiersy who had been busy tapping into his laptop all game instead of watching , having to ask all around him who had been sent of ( thomson's ) as he had missed it .Hilarious stuff which you couldn't make up

Compare and contrast wee Poison Pen Pat's take on both last Sunday's and yesterday's refereeing decisions effecting Rangers.

Last Sunday, Nevin was unequivical, neither penalty was a penalty. He had no doubts.

Yesterday, both Rangers players deserved red, again no doubts.

Another consistency from both last Sunday and yesterday, Pat is clearly hurting, badly.

Blame the bheasts for their continuous cheating slurs over the past few weeks.

Every Referee must now have it imprinted in the back of his mind that Rangers must never receive any benefit from ANY dubious or 50/50 decisions.

Only Refs with strong characters will now be able to withstand mhedia onslaught should they make decisions which could appear to favour our Club.

However, yesterday's events show that we can rise above this.

I hope this now spurs on the boys to win the League early so we can have several more weeks of rubbing it right in the faces of those mhanky bheasts from the east.

Pat is clearly hurting, badly.

Oh that he is! He kept saying after we won yesterday how sorry & gutted he was for St.Mirren. Get it right up ye Pet!! :flipa::flipa::flipa:

Btw, regarding the consistency of refereeing - Thomson was sent off at Tynecastle for a very similar tackle by the same referee, so he's at least consistent when it comes to our Kev... :whistle:

Also, while I thought yellow cards instead of the reds would have been fairer and more sensible yesterday, I did see at least one similar straight red to Wilson's given in the EPL this weekend when watching Match of the Day last night.

Btw, regarding the consistency of refereeing - Thomson was sent off at Tynecastle for a very similar tackle by the same referee, so he's at least consistent when it comes to our Kev... :whistle:

I thought yesterday's was more deserving of a red card than the one at Tynecastle. No complaints about yesterday whereas the Hearts one was harsh, IMO.

.Also, while I thought yellow cards instead of the reds would have been fairer and more sensible yesterday, I did see at least one similar straight red to Wilson's given in the EPL this weekend when watching Match of the Day last night.

What one was that? My memory is going.