I think he's the type of player who could benefit from a loan spell as a first choice for a lesser club. Let him make mistakes that are less costly elsewhere, learn from them, gain his confidence and come back ready to play for the Scottish Champions on a weekly basis.

Personally i think he's too good for a loan spell away

He would be the best player at every club in the SPL outwith the OF, and by an absolute mile at some of them

agree with Calscot.

Fleck IS the future of Rangers, therefore we have to be very careful with him. The fact we have managed to keep him is fantastic news though.

However, he isn't going to burst onto the scene until he gets a full season at Championship level in England with a Boro or West Brom or with someone like Hearts, where he can play 30 plus games and learn what is needed to play through a full season.

He's been taught brilliantly at Youth level but he's now 18 and needs to start looking at First team action.

I wouldn't want him loaned to a lower divsion though, i feel that'd be a waste of time for someone with the raw talent he quite obviously has.

The other option is he is played up front next season in place of Boyd or in that hole behind the 2 strikers(where i think he's more suited actually).

I actually thought he'd have played about 25 games for us this time last season, so i think he's fallen slightly behind in his development.

What i don't want to see also is another season on the bench. We need to make this boys talent flourish and then bring him back from loan after a year and i'll think we'll see a more mature attitude.

I'm not so sure about the loan idea tbh, obviously a lot will depend on what players are still here at the start of next season.I did expect Fleck to play more first team football this season than he has done,however I still believe he will play a part next season.

If we loan Fleck to the Championship and he explodes onto the scene, there's no chance of him returning to Ibrox

He'll have a massive part to play next season. Our squad will already be down 3 or 4 players with no current prospect of anyone new coming in

Agreed, I want him to stay here and flourish,which I believe he will next season

Agreed, I want him to stay here and flourish,which I believe he will next season

This may be very wishful thinking but i think a bit more bulking up could see him capable of playing the main forward's role, rather than behind the striker where everyone assumes he'll end up playing

Miller

Fleck

is more appealling to me than

Miller

Lafferty

Should Boyd leave

If we loan Fleck to the Championship and he explodes onto the scene, there's no chance of him returning to Ibrox

He'll have a massive part to play next season. Our squad will already be down 3 or 4 players with no current prospect of anyone new coming in

Isn't that what we want our players to do.

Personally, i think he'd do well but not that well he'd be being scouted by Barca etc. I'd prefer him to go there and do well than to go there and play 2 games all season as a sub.

If he goes and does well, and someone like Chelsea pay 5-6 million, then that's life. Better to actually flourish at football than for him to rot on a bench and be a bit part player for the rest of his career.

Agreed! He finally looked like he's got something that has warranted his reputation.

I was also impressed with Little through the middle. If we get the league wrapped up with 5 games to go, we could very well get some of the youngsters getting a good 2 or 3 games, blooding in the team for next year so we know they are capable when called upon in the future. This might be invaluable considering how limited it appears we are on the transfer front!

Must disagree on Little, he had a very poor match and was barely in it imo. His night was summed up when he was through to make a cutback and sclaffed it outside the net instead.

He was marginally better when put out on the right tbh.

Have to agree with you when you say it seems to have taken a bit long,although I still put that down to his age,I have also always said you can see he is a player just with the way he takes a ball in and moves with it,he does need to improve his decision making,again I suppose that will improve with age and experience.If he realises his undoubted potential he will be some player,IMO,so I'm happy he has signed a new contract.

I'm not sure I'd put it down to age, Wilson eased into a much harder position at a similar age with no difficulty at all.

For me it's about mentality, and it's taken Fleck a lot longer to get to grips with the rigours of the first team and what playing for it truly requires. And he has still some way to go too.

Put simply, Wilson settled quickly, Fleck didn't.