http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/premteams/liverpool/2914407/Liverpool-line-up-3m-Danny-Wilson-bid.html

LIVERPOOL are lining up a �£3million summer swoop for Rangers kid Danny Wilson.

SunSport can reveal the Kop giants have been monitoring the brilliant 18-year-old defender's progress this season.

Now they have decided they will wade in with a bid for the centre-back, who is in the frame to be Scotland's Young Player of the Year.

That will rock reigning champs Gers, who were desperate to tie Wilson up on a long-term deal this week.

The youngster - also being tracked by Spurs, Manchester City and Aston Villa - has just 15 months to run on his current deal.

The Gers hierarchy tied up his team-mate John Fleck until 2013 earlier this week.

Wilson's contract, though, remains unsigned and Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is ready to test Rangers' resolve in the summer.

If the hot property has not put pen to paper on a new deal by then it seems certain the champs will elect to cash in on a talent developed at Murray Park rather than watch him quit for buttons.

Wilson suffered a setback earlier this month with a red card in the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final triumph over St Mirren but he has been in sparkling form for Gers as crocked Madjid Bougherra's stand-in.

Now the Kop interest throws those crunch contract talks into focus as Rangers gear up for the run-in to two-in-a-row.

I could have understood a bit before now but as his contract is up next summer, I'd have thought it made more sense for interested teams to allow the lad another year at Rangers to aid his development then sign him for nothing next January - rather than paying a lump sum now and him hardly playing.

What is for certain, is that we need to secure a new contract for him asap.

I read at the weekend that Wilson was on the verge of signing a new contract. Perhaps thios is mischeif making by his agent to get a better deal or by the media to unsettle him.

Spurs (or rather Redknapp) have been long term admirers but considering the money Man Utd paid for a young centre half recently I'd be looking for at least double the figure mentioned in the article.

tbh �£3M is a fair price for him, but it's also the amount we'd need to spend on a replacement of his quality. It would be a pointless sale, so let's tie him up on a contract.

No rush for the lad to go anywhere surely? Even a club in the EPL signing him would probably be better off signing him then loaning him straight back to us although that kind of thing seems to be more commonplace in Europe than here.

No rush for the lad to go anywhere surely? Even a club in the EPL signing him would probably be better off signing him then loaning him straight back to us although that kind of thing seems to be more commonplace in Europe than here.

But who is to know if he will be playing all the time, we might have a small chance of keeping Bougherra but that is very doubtful... His best choice might actually be Arsenal imo, if they were ever interested again maybe bias from myself :whistle:.

The EPL is somewhere a young player with a talent can get lost. Even players with talent and wiser heads on them get lost.

He should stick to the SPL and Rangers and learn his trade. Maybe then he should think about a move down south.... but that's my selfish opinion! but one i think would work well for him.