Dundee Utd 0 - 0 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers are a point closer to the SPL title after a disappointing draw versus ten man Dundee Utd at Tannadice.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=257:dundee-utd-0-0-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:me:

wins the MotM award for me amidst another performance of mediocrity. :(

Yeah, he certainly wasn't great but I thought he was tidy enough, did well in the tackle and tried to get forward as often as he could. Only let down was his shooting which he twice made a mess of in the second half.

Hardly spectacular but one of the few players to look genuinely interested and work hard to get into the game.

Mowbray had a decent enough pedigree and there are not many better managers Celtic could have attracted. The margin of lead shows us that we could have seen off a manager with a degree more savvy than Mowbray.

The best manager Celtic have had is O'Neil and Walter has already surpassed the success of his first three years and equalled his UEFA cup runners up spot - and that's with a lot less money as well as a two year player freeze with a tiny squad - oh yeah and Celtic cheating and the SPL hindering our chances in the UEFA cup final.

Seems to me that we currently have the most successful OF manager since Walter Smith.

He got the better of Strachan who in turn got the better of PLG and Eck. He's slightly better than O'Neil in success, he's totally eclipsed Advocaat and not had his disastrous seasons and there is not a Celtic manager outside O'Neil to match up since Stein.

So why are we lucky they had Mowbray - just who could they have had that could have done that much better?

We might want a better manager than Smith but the question is, do we really need one?

It was disappointing to draw...esp. as Utd went down to 10 men...but it is a difficult place to get a result and I like the way Utd play...never for a draw and always willing to press the opposition...MoM is a hard one from watching it on the TV but I would have to pick Thomson...never put a foot wrong...kiding of course! Probably Edu...he seemed to be further forward than McCulloch last night which was a vast improvement on the Accies and Sheep game where it looked like they had no understanding of each other...

December apart it is there for all to see, Europe awaits and the evidence of many displays not something to look forward to with any confidence.

Champions League is now just a bonus and brings in fantastic income for us.

Financially the difference between the OF and the top 5 countries is now like English Div One side in the FA cup with all the Premiership teams there. Or a bit like St Mirren in a group with Rangers, Celtic and Hearts.

Fans of lower teams still enjoy the cup and hope for a good run and maybe a scalp or two against a richer club, so we have to get used to doing the same in Europe.

Until the financial disparity is somehow ended, we're now forever stuck as a backwater club when it comes to the CL. It's a situation for which you can't give much blame to the bank, SDM, Bain or WS. It also can't be fixed by nay new owners. It's all down to the small size of our population - who do we blame for that?

It's a sad state of affairs but I think some people need to wake up to it.