He's had a good season and is invaluable to the team but I feel Davie Weir has been better so far this season...

I think Davis' best performances have been better than Weir and the other contenders. But Weir has been more consistent and not as anonymous in large numbers of games that Davis has.

The attacking players catch the eyes and get the recognition, but I don't think that's fair when they've had a lot of really quiet performances.

:robbo:Would not disagree. We have scored more goals than anyone else:flipa:. That is something of a surprise to me given the attention to our boring defensive play:flipa:. That said we have conceded fewer goals than anyone else:flipa:. As Chairman Mao should have said "The first step on the road to success, is not to get beat" David Weir would have been my choice, but well done Davis.

Davis gets my vote.

Maybe I'm being harsh on Weir but I think taking the game by the scruff of the neck and making things happen is a much harder skill than defending.

Although he probably hasn't done it in enough matches in a lot of fans eyes I think we would have really struggled (well, much more than we have done) for a creative spark without Davis.

I think the problem with any defender playing for us is that the only way you will get any recognition is if you shine in Europe, like Cuellar did that season in the euro run.

Our defenders should be getting it easy in the SPL but all credit to our defence in that when they are called upon 9 times out of 10 they deal with it.

I think Davis deserved it and I voted for him.

They should have the dinner at the end of the season though imo but you could say the season is finished haha

Guest Flying Hippo

Our defenders should be getting it easy in the SPL

Who was the last Celtic defender who "got it easy" in the SPL? Balde between 2001 and 2003?

If you're not a good defender you'll get found out, regardless of the level you play at