Rangers 2 : 0 Hearts - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers now only need two more point from four games to secure the SPL title after routine victory over Hearts.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=259:rangers-2-0-hearts-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:mb: for me.

Such an exciting player to watch as he almost becomes an auxiliary winger at times. But he's also very good defensively and his strength in the tackle is superb.

Thought Davie Weir was also magnificent - his timing, positioning and reading of the game is second to none.

I'd give it to

:km:

Bougherra seemed more interested in himself rather than the team, and I wasn't impressed when he got stuck upfield during a Hearts attack at 1-0 and the way he wanted to take the penalty.

Why would you not be impressed by someone having the confidence to take an important penalty ? I would rather give it to someone confident enough to hit it than someone who has none. Bougherra played very well and at least showed some urgency to his play, something that was lacking from most of our team in the 1st half !!

Thomson was ok but he really needs to curtail some of these sliding tackles. He had one in the 1st half again on Saturday and had he connected with the player he could easily have seen red again ! I understand he is an aggressive player but he was sliding into a tackle on the opposition 18 yard line - completely unnecessary.

I thought Miller played well but also made the wrong decision a few times.

Why would you not be impressed by someone having the confidence to take an important penalty ? I would rather give it to someone confident enough to hit it than someone who has none. Bougherra played very well and at least showed some urgency to his play, something that was lacking from most of our team in the 1st half !!

Thomson was ok but he really needs to curtail some of these sliding tackles. He had one in the 1st half again on Saturday and had he connected with the player he could easily have seen red again ! I understand he is an aggressive player but he was sliding into a tackle on the opposition 18 yard line - completely unnecessary.

I thought Miller played well but also made the wrong decision a few times.

Edited by craig

I felt it was more about him being a big hero, than letting the best person for the job taking the penalty. I'd agtree that he played well, but his selfishness prevented me from giving him the MOTM.

I didn't feel that was one of Thomson's better games and Davis has gone off the boil a bit, which is probably the main reason why were are not functioning as well as we were.

I felt it was more about him being a big hero, than letting the best person for the job taking the penalty. I'd agtree that he played well, but his selfishness prevented me from giving him the MOTM.

I didn't feel that was one of Thomson's better games and Davis has gone off the boil a bit, which is probably the main reason why were are not functioning as well as we were.

But that is just your take on it BD, one which obviously you are entitled to. How many times have we seen teams get penalties and us fans have complained because the most likely candidates shirk the responsibility ?

Just as plausible is that he felt very confident about hitting it and putting us in an unassailable lead, one which would see us almost over the finishing line.

The manner of his play really isnt much different to how it has been throughout his Gers career and, whereas early in that career he was lauded as a fantastic find and wonderful player for us, now that it looks likely he will leave all of a sudden his marauding runs forward become selfish. A tad unfair on the big guy if you ask me.

Thomson swept up behind him but I didnt think he had a great game either. He did OK, nothing more nothing less. I think Edu might have been more productive on Saturday - but hindsight is 20-20 and we DID win the game so I wont complain at his inclusion either.

I thought Davis did OK to be honest.

Miller tried hard but made the wrong decision a few times - but we had so few outstanding performances that he should be considered for MOTM alongside Bougherra IMO

But that is just your take on it BD, one which obviously you are entitled to. How many times have we seen teams get penalties and us fans have complained because the most likely candidates shirk the responsibility ?

Just as plausible is that he felt very confident about hitting it and putting us in an unassailable lead, one which would see us almost over the finishing line.

The manner of his play really isnt much different to how it has been throughout his Gers career and, whereas early in that career he was lauded as a fantastic find and wonderful player for us, now that it looks likely he will leave all of a sudden his marauding runs forward become selfish. A tad unfair on the big guy if you ask me.

I don't have a problem with him doing it in general, and love it when he does do it. There have been several times this season when it's been one of our few attacking options, it can be great to see.

I just got the feeling that he ended up doing it almost to showboat in the second half, and put his defensive duties to one side to do it at one point, at least.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't do it in the future, but there are times and places for it, and he just went overboard with it yesterday IMO.