Would you take part in another protest against Lloyds Bank?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take part in another protest against Lloyds Bank?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=266:rangers-fans-to-protest-at-lloyds-bank-agm&catid=1:articles&Itemid=67

After previous protests against the influence of Lloyds Bank - via shareholder votes against the election of Rangers Director Donald Muir and protests at Ibrox earlier this year - it seems the banking issue is one again on the agenda for Rangers supporters.

As coincidence would have it, the Lloyds Banking Group - who this week reported an unexpected surge in profits since being bailed out by the tax-payer - have their AGM next week in Edinburgh. Whilst Rangers fans cannot gain entry to the event, a protest outside the Edinburgh International Conference Centre may take place as the AGM is held next Thursday at 11am.

Once again Gersnet asks, would you take part in such a protest?

:)

Just to make my own opinion clear.

I'm as confused as anyone regarding the coverage about the financial problems at our club. I'm also disappointed in the tactics used by those interested in buying to stir the pot without showing how their strategy would be a better one. By the same token, I'm puzzled as to why the club don't already have agreed strategies ready to kick in under certain conditions - e.g. CL qualification, player sales, agreed income etc.

As such, I'm reluctant to take any 'side' in this debate due to the appalling lack of clarity and leadership from all involved.

However, once again, I'm inclined to examine Walter Smith's comments and I continue to question the involvement of MIH and Lloyds Bank with regard to investment into Rangers football club. Because I intend to renew my season ticket this week for next season and any agreed meeting between the club and the bank conveniently falls after the renewal deadline, I feel one way of applying my discomfort is to protest.

As such, I will be renewing my season ticket this week but I will also back any protest against Lloyds Bank next week.

:)

Edited by Frankie

As an interesting aside, I wonder if the vocal high net worth guys and the journalists so concerned about the issue will also protest?

I'm sure they can clear their diaries in advance? :whistle: