So, we're seeing Thomson linked with Middlesbrough, and according to this and other stories, so is Novo:

Middlesbrough have been linked with a move for Rangers forward Nacho Novo, who is now out of contract.

Rangers are believed to be keen to tie the Spanish striker down to a new deal but some reports suggest Middlesbrough, managed by former Celtic boss Gordon Strachan, have already made contact with the 31-year-old.

Novo is out of contract at Ibrox and would be available on a free transfer if he opts to move away from Rangers after signing for the SPL champions in 2004.

Then you have Wilson who is almost certainly going to Liverpool:

Rangers are in line to net �£4million for Liverpool-bound Danny Wilson, if the lucrative add-ons in the deal are activated.

The English Premier League club are ready to make a down payment of �£2.5m for the 18- year-old Murray Park prospect, aware of rival interest from recent Champions League qualifiers Spurs.

But that would soar to �£4m if Scottish footballâ��s Young Player of the Year develops as Reds boss Rafa Benitez expects.

It is a deal that is made all the more attractive to Rangers, given the likelihood that the cash will then be released to spend on a replacement or replacements � with Ipswich skipper Gareth McAuley already earmarked as a target.

And the likes of Smith and Beasley already announcing their departures while Weir and Broadfoot sit there out of contract, as Hannover supposedly bid �£1M for Lee McCulloch.

Add to that the fragility of our most valuable assets Bougherra, Boyd and McGregor, not to mention the small chance that there may be some interest in Davis, and by Christ we've hardly got any players left.

If all the players leave who it's rumoured will or definitely have (including the out of contracts), then we're left with:

Alexander, Papac, Webster, Edu, Naismith, Lafferty, Fleck, Miller, Little, Whittaker.

That's McGregor, Weir, Bougherra, Wilson, Thomson, Davis, McCulloch, Novo, Boyd, Smith, Beasley potentially all leaving.

This could be a summer of more upheaval than I can remember seeing at Ibrox for a long long time.

Aye, while any exits are far from certain at this stage, we'll definitely not have the same squad continuity as we've had for the last two years.

Some are free to leave and their loss won't cause us problems but if we do have too much player turnover then we only need look at Celtic this season to see how that can affect our chances of success.

I'm happy to lose five players - either because their contribution is minimal or they don't want to be here. Guys like Smith, Beasley, Boyd, Bougherra and Wilson can go for me with the fees for the latter two paying for 2-3 suitable quality replacements. I'd like to keep Weir, Broadfoot and Novo from the out of contract players while the return of Webster and Velicka should also help numbers.

Add in a Bosman/loan deal or two then I'm comfortable enough.

It will be a long time to August though... :(

Guest Flying Hippo

I'm preparing myself for an August mindset of 'we probably have just enough quality to finish 2nd'

Absolutely dreading the summer, dreading it

I'm happy to lose five players - either because their contribution is minimal or they don't want to be here. Guys like Smith, Beasley, Boyd, Bougherra and Wilson can go for me with the fees for the latter two paying for 2-3 suitable quality replacements. I'd like to keep Weir, Broadfoot and Novo from the out of contract players while the return of Webster and Velicka should also help numbers.

Do the first two, Smith and Beasley fall into the minimal contribution category whilst Boyd, Boogie and Wilson are the one's who dont want to be here?

Frankly i'm amazed that anyone could claim to be happy about the latter three leaving, but maybe you mean you are resigned to them leaving? At least Boogie/Wilson sales should provide funds for replacements.

Do the first two, Smith and Beasley fall into the minimal contribution category whilst Boyd, Boogie and Wilson are the one's who dont want to be here?

Frankly i'm amazed that anyone could claim to be happy about the latter three leaving, but maybe you mean you are resigned to them leaving? At least Boogie/Wilson sales should provide funds for replacements.

Oh I'm not happy about them leaving - I just think they don't want to be here so, like you suggest, am resigned to them going.

A combined �£7.5million+ for Bougherra and Wilson is enough to replace the key guys who will leave. We just have to ensure it is well spent.

Oh I'm not happy about them leaving - I just think they don't want to be here so, like you suggest, am resigned to them going.

A combined �£7.5million+ for Bougherra and Wilson is enough to replace the key guys who will leave. We just have to ensure it is well spent.

Thought that must be the case. Though some do seem to be preparing the champagne ahead of a couple of departures.

Boyd and Bougherra will be missed - no doubt about it. However, this season has shown we can win titles without them always being closely involved.

Absolutely no reason why we can't replace them if we've doing our scouting properly during the months we've been unable to buy.

Squad overhauls are never good in football, but I knew a lot would happen in the summer. At least it isn't midseason and trying to move players in and out, a bit like them.

The sooner we have players tied down and new players brought in and the window shuts with minimal damage I will be happy, but I can't see it happening.

Guest Flying Hippo
Squad overhauls are never good in football, but I knew a lot would happen in the summer. At least it isn't midseason and trying to move players in and out, a bit like them.

The sooner we have players tied down and new players brought in and the window shuts with minimal damage I will be happy, but I can't see it happening.

It's a neverending overhaul at this club. We've ripped up and rebuilt the squad about 4 times since the year 2000, and it'll be the same next summer aswell with 9 first teamers out of contract. It is incredibly demoralising for the support and if there's no takeover and we make a bad start to next season, i'd expect a lot more protests and a lot of empty seats

Celtic have squad depth that we could only dream about now, and it's going to be a big factor next season

Boyd and Bougherra will be missed - no doubt about it. However, this season has shown we can win titles without them always being closely involved.

Absolutely no reason why we can't replace them if we've doing our scouting properly during the months we've been unable to buy.

Ah scouting, I not totally fond of what are scouts look at and the network they are allowed to look into, just seems UK based with a small look abroad. I'm not sure if they would be employed much seeing as we couldn't actually buy players.