Shota Arveladze wants to take Boyd to Kayserispor

Apparently hasn't spoken to Boyd yet, but this is a bit more interesting than other rumours about moves to Turkey, since at least there's quotes from the manager - in this case Shota...

Kayserispor target Rangers striker Boyd

May 23, 2010

Former Rangers striker Shota Arveladze is looking to make Kris Boyd his first signing at Turkish side Kayserispor with a package reportedly worth around �£5.5 million.

Arveladze's club are prepared to offer the lucrative two-year deal to the the out-of-contract Ibrox striker who is also being courted by two other Turkish clubs.

Bursaspor and Ankaragucu are keen on signing the marksman, with Birmingham boss Alex McLeish also thought to be interested in the Scottish international.

With Rangers still looking for a new owner and in limbo with regards offering Boyd a suitable new deal, Arveladze, who is starting out in his managerial career in Turkey after a spell as assistant at Dutch club AZ Alkmaar, is hoping he can persuade the Scotland striker to move abroad.

"I want to bring Boyd to my team,'' Arveladze told The Mail on Sunday. "But it depends what he wants to do himself and I don`t know the answer to that.

"I know that we can offer him good money. We don`t have a deadline but it would be good to know that it would be something Kris would at least consider.

"I hope he will be open to talks. I would like to speak to him at some stage personally. I can tell him that I am the coach and I want him to come, tell him the way I`m thinking about the team playing and that type of thing.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=789619&sec=transfers&cc=5739

He'll be on holiday in a cold place :P. Nah seriously I have seen that he doesn't want his family to go to Turkey.

What is with Turkey at the moment seeing something in Scottish based players? They also seem to have a good amount of money lying around.

What is with Turkey at the moment seeing something in Scottish based players? They also seem to have a good amount of money lying around.

Not sure why they're looking at Scottish players in general, but it's understandable why any team would take an interest in a goal scorer like Boyd.

As for the money in Turkish football - they're crazy about football in Turkey; barking mad about it. Just look at the capital's two big teams, Galatasaray & Fenerbahce... Their league is also ranked 11th in Europe. This team that Shota's now managing play at a brand new 33,000 all-seated & covered stadium.

Guest Flying Hippo
Boyd's joining Blackpool.

Where did you hear that? I doubt they could even match the �£18,000 we offered him, never mind better it

Where did you hear that? I doubt they could even match the �£18,000 we offered him, never mind better it

They've just been promoted to the EPL, they can afford way more than 18k per week.