Bain speaking about Transfer money

Though we will no be spending millions , neither will we be forced to reduce our current wage bill , which can only be a good thing and hopefully now that some players have left will give Walter some leeway to resign the important ones whilst getting reinforcements in.

On the subject of the club's debt, Bain explained: "We have been engaged in direct and constructive discussions with the bank about how the club can operate in the foreseeable future, given the improved financial position since last season.

"We will, of course, continue to look for new investment in Rangers but, in the interim, there is a plan in place for the club to operate on a stable basis.

"The club recognises that Lloyds Banking Group is looking for structured debt reduction at the club. Equally, the bank recognises that the club needs to be managed at a level where it is in a position to deliver success on the field and meet supporters' expectations.

"In broad terms, we will invest some Champions League revenue and general profit from this year in the playing squad.

"We will be able to maintain our wage levels as they are and, if any players decide to leave, we will be re-investing proceeds back in the squad."

Guest Flying Hippo

What does he mean by "as they are" though?

As they were last season or are as they are now Smith, Beasley and Novo are gone and Boyd is almost certain to follow?

Let's be blunt; at minimum we need a full back capable of playing left and right side, 2 centre halves (3 if Weir goes), a left winger, a right winger, and a striker

Edited by Flying Hippo

I took it to mean as they were at the season end , other wise why make the statement about reinvesting wages from leaving players . Hey after the doom and gloom , mostly coming from Walter and others from inside the club this is a major turn around , yet again , I am no longer listening to any one and will judge things when they actually transpire . We have been led up the garden path far too many times for this bears liking

Guest Flying Hippo

I'll believe that things are looking up if we announce our first summer signing and it isn't on the final day of the transfer window!

I'll believe that things are looking up if we announce our first summer signing and it isn't on the final day of the transfer window!

To be perfectly honest I fully expect us to go back to the old Walter days in that players are announced without the press getting a sniff , I will not be listening to any transfer talk especially if it comes via the press .

The press love world cup years , as the amount of players getting linked will be amazing and they all play the " throw as many names as possible , one wil be right " game

Guest Flying Hippo

We do seem to pull rabbits out of the hat a lot more than other clubs

Daniel Cousin and Jerome Rothen were first mentioned on FF just hours before they signed, without any paper talk, and Brahim Hemdani and Karl Svensson were both signed without a sniff of publicity, either online or in the rags. In fact, the papers had announced a few weeks earlier that Hemdani had signed a pre-contract with Bolton