That said, Puyol also should have walked for dragging Robben back when clean through.

If that's the one where Robben went running off after the ref moaning about it, then it was his own fault. He was falling about the deck for lesser challenges in the game, but in that instance he stayed on his feet for a change, when if he'd gone down something may well have been awarded.

If that's the one where Robben went running off after the ref moaning about it, then it was his own fault. He was falling about the deck for lesser challenges in the game, but in that instance he stayed on his feet for a change, when if he'd gone down something may well have been awarded.

Agreed. Robben had nothing to complain about as he stayed on his feet. It was only after he missed that he wished he had went down. His cheating was pathetic.

What a lot of crap. The Dutch give the ball back twice and then should let Spain build up play from the back. Yes right! I am glad you are glad the Spanish won but they won because they were the better team and not because of crap like you are spouting.

Showing yourself up here. You may not agree with me but saying it's spouting crap is very poor. I think you'll find a whole lot of bears agree with me when Celtic did it to Rangers - are they all spouting crap too?

You don't seem to have much sporting integrity and I'm saddened for the game that people like you think this kind of stuff is acceptable in any way. I expect that from a Tim but not from a Rangers fan. I always think we're better than them only to be let down by those who are just as bad.

Yes, the Dutch should have put it out for a goal kick and allowed the Spanish to start again - when the Spanish were in possess prior to putting the ball out they were in the Dutch half and about to attack from a good position.

The point is that there has to be a sporting line that teams don't cross otherwise why give the ball back at all? In the example of Celtic, if I was the Rangers manager in an OF game, I'd tell the players never to put the ball out while in possession if a Celtic player is down - you just can't trust them.

Breaking sporting integrity is a thin end of a wedge which means when you can't trust the other team it goes out the window.

BTW Whether the Spanish won because they were better or not is nothing to do with my post and I did not say it was because of lack of sportsmanship of the Dutch side - that's where you are talking nonsense.

Pete, you might have no integrity, sense of sportsmanship or even any consistency but you've no place to tell me I'm spouting crap just because I actually do. :flipa:

In that Robben/Puyol instance the ref gave the advantage - clearly no advantage was gained as Robben was prevented from getting his shot away. The ref should have pulled play back for a FK and also yellow carded Puyol.

Makes no difference that Robben was diving all game - it was clearly a foul, clearly a yellow (in fact, could easily have been a straight red).

Don't let your dislike of Robben get in the way of the rules of the game lads :devil:

Don't let your dislike of Robben get in the way of the rules of the game lads :devil:

I like him mate! He's a class player. He'd be even better if he stayed on his feet more and also if he passed the ball instead of constantly trying to take on 3 or 4 players and do it all himself. When it works for him he's world class though.

Whilst what van Bommel did was against sportsmanship imo it was not against the rules and is all too common on football these days. A team never gives the opposition the ball back in the are in which they had it but rather plays the ball off the pitch far up the field to gain territorial advantage. As there are no rules governing this, you can hardly blame them.