Can you believe this in the Daily Express from Stephen Thomson, chairman of Dundee Utd? I think the best response I've see was over on VB, where someone posted........ "We're not here to be liked, just envied"

RANGERS chief executive Martin Bain insists he will not stoop to Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson’s level by being dragged into another public war of words.

The duo became involved in a verbal spat last term when United refused to allow Light Blues fans free entry to a rearranged SPL game at Tannadice that had originally been abandoned because of bad weather.

And they are on a collision course again after Thompson claimed Rangers were disliked by their SPL rivals.

The Arabs supremo has accused the Ibrox side of trying to poach the best young talent from clubs across the country rather than rearing their own stars.

And he claims the attitude of Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston and his fellow board members has made the Glasgow club hugely unpopular throughout the game.

When contacted, Bain said: “I have no comment to make as I would not lower myself to that level.” Thompson insists that Rangers are trying to buy an entire squad of youth stars by dangling hard cash in front of smaller clubs and their young players. Bain, however, refused to respond to the accusation, although Rangers insiders claim Thompson is wrong.

Thompson said: “Rangers have no money in the first team, but at youth level they have a lot of money to spend. They are putting in offers for 16 to 18 kids under 16 and the compensation levels are Ã?£40,000-50,000 a go. That’s the route that they have decided to go down, so they are trying to pick up a crop of everyone else’s development programmes.

“And they wonder why other teams in Scotland don’t like them – and I’m talking at chairman and board level.” Bain and Thompson first went head-to-head in December and it’s unlikely that this is the last we will have heard about this particular issue.

Back then, United opted to charge Rangers fans half-price for entry to a rescheduled league match after the original game had been abandoned at half-time due to torrential rain.

Bain told the Ibrox AGM that United’s stance had made him “disgusted and angry”. Thompson replied: “I think that Martin Bain’s behaviour has been disgraceful.”

Players no matter what age have every right to be looked at by other clubs as long as everything is above board. If Rangers are trying to bring in young talent, good ,maybe it means our scouts have got of there arses and watched a few players.

Players no matter what age have every right to be looked at by other clubs as long as everything is above board. If Rangers are trying to bring in young talent, good ,maybe it means our scouts have got of there arses and watched a few players.

Agreed.

It is up to the other teams to play hardball in their compensation negotiations or provide their own club improvement to keep players.

Perhaps Mr Thompson would like to spend more time examining the Utd model which comprises of a dilapidated stadium and a club who have to train at a variety of public parks.

Thompson has some agenda against and to put it frankly he is a ****.

He thinks he is clever but who is the bigger club? Who was kind enough to loan you Webster? Tbh I don't want to do any dealings with this person he seems to always have something to say about us negatively.

They are putting in offers for 16 to 18 kids under 16 and the compensation levels are �£40,000-50,000 a go. Thatâ��s the route that they have decided to go down, so they are trying to pick up a crop of everyone elseâ��s development programmes.

How would Thompson know we are putting in a bid for 16 to 18 youth players? Seems such an exact figure.

How would Thompson know we are putting in a bid for 16 to 18 youth players? Seems such an exact figure.

Probably cause we have bid for one of their players for that value. How does he know if we are bidding with the other SPL teams?

Thomson might just be mouthing off in the hope that compensation levels are raised, but it'll be falling on deaf ears. Martin Bain would do well to just ignore the pillock.