Omonous words from McCoist vis a vis money and transfers

Guest Flying Hippo

Guest Flying Hippo

"I have been watching all the games, but I am looking at teams like Australia, New Zealand, Honduras and teams like that to see if there is anything knocking about," said McCoist.

I am not saying we don't have anything to spend, but any money we do get, we will have to spend very, very wisely"

I'm still convinced that we won't spend a penny. The idea of us signing any of the dross who took to the field for New Zealand and Honduras, or one of Australia's OAP's, is about as appealling as re-signing Jerome Rothen

Edited by Flying Hippo

None of those teams have players who enthrall me to be honest. That said, surely even McCoist isnt daft enough to show his hand ?

"Oh aye, we watched Honduras and this lad on the left was excellent" - cue every other team taking a look and us being gazumped.

Makes no sense to show your hand by saying who you are paying most attention to. Foolish at best.

:rfc: Optimistic Loyal :rfc:

None of those teams have players who enthrall me to be honest. That said, surely even McCoist isnt daft enough to show his hand ?

"Oh aye, we watched Honduras and this lad on the left was excellent" - cue every other team taking a look and us being gazumped.

Makes no sense to show your hand by saying who you are paying most attention to. Foolish at best.

:rfc: Optimistic Loyal :rfc:

I would show my hand to Lennon.

The back of it.:)

As much as I have been prattling on about how small our squad is , we would be better served keeping what money we have until players are identified that will make a difference as opposed to buying for buying's sake

Guest Flying Hippo
As much as I have been prattling on about how small our squad is , we would be better served keeping what money we have until players are identified that will make a difference as opposed to buying for buying's sake

Without doubt

The idea of blowing �£2 million on 2 Hondurans and a New Zealander would make me sick

Yip take that 3 countires as a pinch of Salt from McCoist. Even Motherwell could sign New Zealand players.

Im hoping we are looking more at Bougherra's team mates, the Slovakian's and Slovenian's. Algeria impressed me against England and Slovenia have impressed me in both their games.

Agreed. I believe our current squad is just about capable enough to retain our title, but I think we need a couple of signings to strengthen the squad.

Guest Flying Hippo
Agreed. I believe our current squad is just about capable enough to retain our title, but I think we need a couple of signings to strengthen the squad.

We'd need to have sensational luck with injuries for that to happen

If Davis or Miller missed even 2 months of football, we'd be lucky to finish 3rd

We'd need to have sensational luck with injuries for that to happen

If Davis or Miller missed even 2 months of football, we'd be lucky to finish 3rd

Well we have managed to win the SPL the last 2 years without buying anybody, so until we actually know who is still going to be here then a couple of signings to replace who we know have already left is not going to make us weaker. If we can mange to bring in a couple of decent players then I can't see how we won't be challenging for the title again??. As for finishing third!!!, have you been drinking?:)

Edited by ian1964

I think our starting XI is capable to win the league but as Flying Hippopotamus says the likes of Miller or Davis get injured for a while then its all about who comes in and currently I dont think our squad is strong enough in depth or talent. Im not confident on Naismith coming in and bagging 7 or 8 goals in a run of games.

There is no way our key players will play the full season without an injury or suspension. We also have a sheer lack of width and there is no natural winger at the club at all which is concerning.