Gers confirm Thomson interest

It's bad that at this stage I'm now hoping we're being conned ala "They wanted him, but he's too important - int it like a new signing?". Normally I'd hate that sort of patronising stuff, but now I'm praying for it if it means we're not selling him. Sad days :(

I like Thomson and would be disappointed to lose him - especially for that kind of 'deal'.

If we could get more money though then it may be worth exploring given Thomson's continue injury proneness and inconsistent displays.

Guest enigmablue
I like Thomson and would be disappointed to lose him - especially for that kind of 'deal'.

If we could get more money though then it may be worth exploring given Thomson's continue injury proneness, unnecessary bookings and inconsistent displays.

Wee addition Frankie....

It's been a bit crowded at times in midfield but I think Edu could do the job given the chance. This is one of those career defining moves that we see from time to time for certain players.

Stay and battle on probably with the captain's armband of the worls record breaking champions sooner rather than later OR take the well worn path to middle of the road championship/EPL teams and the wad of cash that comes with it.

"We would like to stave off any enquiries we get for any of our players at the present moment but unfortunately we have to listen to them all.

What is he trying to say here?

Is he being forced to listen to offers for all players? If so, why doesn't he just say no if he wants them to stay.

In addition, he can test the player's resolve by offering them a new contract. If they are not interested, that's when we listen to offers.