Where has this idea come from that Thommo is injury prone? He had one bad long term injury but has barely missed a game otherwise. Edu is much more prone to injuries.

Edu is certainly prone as well but Thomson has had two serious knee injuries in his career and had had plenty niggling injuries during his time at Ibrox as well.

Welcome to Gersnet. :)

Where has this idea come from that Thommo is injury prone? He had one bad long term injury but has barely missed a game otherwise. Edu is much more prone to injuries.

He suffered a serious cruciate ligament injury at Hibs in the 03/04 season which caused him to hardly play a game in the 04/05 season. We signed him in the January of '07 and he got a hamstring injury in the first half of his first game for us in the February. He did go on to have a decent run for us, but by November '08 he had another serious career-threatening injury that kept him out of regular action well into the 09/10 season. Since returning back to action he's been stop/start and inconsistent, playing brilliant one week & pretty rotten the next.

The title of this thread suggests something has actually happened here....

Something has happened - it seems a bid has been accepted and Thomson is in talks with Middlesbrough...

These threads are just depressing but unfortunately like ground hog day , I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a pre season , I only hope the tims get a really hard draw come friday , mind you something that made me laugh ,Wabash wants Murray park closed , he's got a thread on FF about it , comedy gold

To be fair Thomson also had a similar bad injury whilst at Hibs.

But I agree - everyone seems to be suggesting that Thomson is injury prone and that Edu should play ahead of him and isnt injury prone. Edu missed a lengthy spell too, or are we conveniently forgetting that ?

To be fair, we DO have McCulloch, Davis, Edu, Fleck all vying for CM position - but selling Thomson for what we got him for is, in my opinion, criminal - regardless of remaning length of contract.

I only wish that we received a reasonable bid for McCulloch and that it could be him leaving rather than Thomson. I don't say that as a slight on big jig - but he is nearing the end of his career whilst Thomson has 7 or 8 years left and could easily be a mainstay of the team.

Again, that said, big jig offers versatility which we will most definitely need this season given our depleted numbers !

selling Thomson for what we got him for is, in my opinion, criminal - regardless of remaning length of contract.

Not as criminal as selling Fergie & Adam for a combined total of �£2m !!