Rangers Trust V Newcastle Trust

Rangers Supporters Trust and Newcastle United Trust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend sees a series of events to tie in with the game against Newcastle United this coming Saturday.

SUPPORTERS MATCH

This weekend will see the Trusts play one another at football, jointly welcome a group of Royal Marines to Ibrox and have a NUST Board member describe their experiences at a meeting on Sunday.

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) has accepted an invitation from the Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) to join them in a members football kick-about of our own at the Ibrox Complex prior to the friendly match on August 7th followed by hospitality in the Wee Rangers Club. The supporters match kicks off at 9am. The ââ?¬Å?bigââ?¬Â Rangers/NUFC game is a 1pm kick off.

The Training complex is situated adjacent to the main stand at Ibrox and the Wee Rangers Club can be located just next to the stadium at the end given over to away supporters and in the words of RST "is a fantastic venue for pre and post match drinks, they serve food and kids are welcome and downstairs they have a Rangers /party DJ on entertaining the crowds".

The game is kindly sponsored by The Captain�s Armband memorabilia shop at 261 High Street, Glasgow - http://www.thecaptainsarmband.com

ROYAL MARINES TO BE GUEST OF THE TRUST

20 Royal Marines from 45 Commando will be guests of the Trust in the Wee Rangers Club before and after the match.

Learning of the visit Rangers Football Club stepped in and has made available 20 free tickets for the troops from the True Colours scheme.

The lads - including a contingent of Geordies! - will be housed in the Broomloan Road stand for the game.

NEWCASTLE TRUST MEETING IN GLASGOW

On Sunday morning Steve Hastie from NUST will address a meeting in the Wee Rangers Club at 11am before heading down the road.

Steve will explain the background to the formation of NUST, how it operates and how it has managed to sign up 33,000 members on the net. Like Rangers, Newcastle have a major shareholder willing to sell but unable to move on ownership so there are a lot of lessons Bears can learn from the Geordies.

Admittance is free and open to all interested Rangers and Newcastle fans whether they are signed-up Trust members or not.

PLG:

Apologies for the thread hijack, but do the Trust intend replying to an email I sent the chairman a few weeks back?

No problem Frankie but I know nothing about this. Can you send me a copy?

Surprised your chairman hasn't shared it with the rest of his board but I'll PM it over to you so you can ask him why...

Thanks for the help.

Frankie,

I do know that SS's internet was down for a while (a few weeks) and that he was also going on holiday so that might be an explanation.