Rangers have agreed a �£1.5million fee with Stoke City for James Beattie.

I can encapsulate all of our history and tradition in one word, Rangers.

Rangers are the history and the tradition, from inception, the Club came before all else, its health and well being was and should still be above that of mere mortals.

It gives me no pleasure to say that the "Club above all" tenet, has been sadly diluted under the present incumbents, a sorry state of affairs indeed.

Wabash, cheers for that, but it doesn't answer the question. I fully agree that our current custodian hasn't put Rangers first. Almost everyone agrees with that.

Are there any other traditions? What does putting the club first practically involve that isn't being done now?

I don't believe MF blamed Rangers supporters for the ills of society, he simply pointed out the change in the attitude of the support, the majority now have known nothing other than Murray. Rangers is built on tradition, some of us still hold those traditions dear...no one, manager, owner, player or fan is or ever will be bigger than or above those traditions, despite the mismanagement of Murray and divisory tactics of him and his paid cohorts.

Rangers are Rangers, simples.

The most difficult job in the world is educating those who already think they know ... but don't .... particularly those who protect their ignorance by condemning experience as pointless.

Wabash, cheers for that, but it doesn't answer the question. I fully agree that our current custodian hasn't put Rangers first. Almost everyone agrees with that.

Are there any other traditions? What does putting the club first practically involve that isn't being done now?

Where do you want to start..loyalty, integrity, pride, a sense of belonging to something that we could all look up to as our own establishment, aloof from interference of daily restrictions on our normal lifes.

A Club we would put our hard earned into and know it was being used for the betterment of our club, players that knew the honour and privelege that playing for Rangers is.

Sadly the club has become a cash cow for greed ridden players and a bauble for the owner to be used for his own ends, the fans are led were this pied piper takes them, John Lawrence would not have let him in the door at Ibrox, and I doubt the Struths or Scot Symons of this world would have given him house room.

Changes indeed but not for the better IMHO.

Where do you want to start..loyalty, integrity, pride, a sense of belonging to something that we could all look up to as our own establishment, aloof from interference of daily restrictions on our normal lifes.

A Club we would put our hard earned into and know it was being used for the betterment of our club, players that knew the honour and privelege that playing for Rangers is.

Sadly the club has become a cash cow for greed ridden players and a bauble for the owner to be used for his own ends, the fans are led were this pied piper takes them, John Lawrence would not have let him in the door at Ibrox, and I doubt the Struths or Scot Symons of this world would have given him house room.

Changes indeed but not for the better IMHO.

I think that's spot on, and sums up my feelings too. The question is, what do you do? Some people take MF's approach, and show their objection to the erosion of these things by not going. Others are pissed off, but think Rangers are bigger than the owners, and show loyalty in going to games and supporting the team. Both have good points and it comes down to preference. I think money's royally screwed us all. People don't want something to believe in, they want an afternoon's entertainment. And I bet there have been as many supporters like that through the ages as there are now. We can't go back in time, we can't undo modern obsession with money and we can't undo television. The question remains - what can we do? Clearly, taking what you've said it would be perfectly possible to run Rangers for the betterment of the club - it is possible to be honest, and have integrity. Don't think it's possible to run out greed as it's hard to define anything more than an average professional wage for a month's work as being greedy. I suppose it would be possible to say "no-one can come unless they're happy to play for Rangers for a few grand a month" but we'd end up with poor players. I actually quite like that idea, but we'd very quickly see diminishing crowds and not be able to pay the bills. Maybe that would root out the glory hunters.

What kind of things would you change? In practical terms.

There is nothing I can change, for football has gone beyond the reach of the fans, I think Ken Bates once referred to fans as a necessary evil.

However the marketing men from sky and other media outlets are far to savvy to bite the hand that feeds them, they have taken control of the game here and will I think eventually destroy it, Man City, who are acting as Murray did all those years ago, are well on the way to helping tv achieve that result.

Supporters are powerless anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded, Barca are trying to avoid bankruptcy, will UEFA ban them or censure them, not on your life.

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

You guys complaining about Beattie. The man who has "never been a success anywhere"(yet has 5 England caps, amassed approx �£16m in transfer fees for him, scored 68 goals for Southampton in the Premier league, and 13 for Everton as their record signing, and 34 for Shef utd(more than a gaol every 2 games)).

I distinctly remember him being highly succesful at Southampton and Shef utd. His attitude was apparantly a problem at Stoke, but a manager like Smith can get the best out players like this and he has done that for Years.

I think this is the correct signing and if he gets 20+ odd goals for 2 seasons, everyone complaining on here will be eating humble pie at 1.25m. The boy can score goals and WILL score goals in a league like this(akin to the Championship where he was very succesful).

For the money we have, to get a Premiership striker is actually a bit of a coupe. He'll do well. Thanx for ANOTHER Good signing Walter.

There is nothing I can change, for football has gone beyond the reach of the fans, I think Ken Bates once referred to fans as a necessary evil.

However the marketing men from sky and other media outlets are far to savvy to bite the hand that feeds them, they have taken control of the game here and will I think eventually destroy it, Man City, who are acting as Murray did all those years ago, are well on the way to helping tv achieve that result.

Supporters are powerless anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded, Barca are trying to avoid bankruptcy, will UEFA ban them or censure them, not on your life.

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Can't disagree with a word of that. It's probably all going to have to run it's course and once, and it will, all the debt gets called in, it may regain some sanity.

The only thing is, if it's completely inevitable and there's nothing you can about it, it seems pointless to complain.