Guest Northampton_loyalist
I don't like fans who say things that they don't really mean. Maybe you aren't one of them, but when a fan says something like "great signing and we'll make a massive profit on him in 2 years time!" i don't for one second believe that the prospect of making a big profit on them means a thing to them

Yeah i get the financial need for it. My beef isn't with actually doing it. Just those who make out like they're totally comfortable with it and wouldn't complain when the player actually went

Maybe you should read the article I had published on here and the various posts on the Boyd thread. I never say something I dont mean and would far rather argue a point than toe any line (as I am sure people have figured out :D)

We need every single signing to be as near to perfect as we can get. A 25 year old would either give us up to 8-9 years for the fee or at least some of the cash back. Beattie, at 32, could well be a great player for us, but only for a short while and with zero chance of recouping his fee or wages. We have effectively written off anything up to �£4 or 5 million on him considering his salary. As said, he could have a fantastic couple of seasons, but he is nearly as likely to pick up an injury and if that happens, at his age, recovery is a longer process.

As said, I have no qualms about the player, and I admit to being pretty excited about seeing what he does for us, but the big picture dictates we need to be smarter with the limited resources we have.

I just did.

James Beattie's on the ball

He's number 19 and 6ft 1"

He'll score goals for fun

There's thousands come to see him, they watch him on the ba'

He's here for 54, James Beattie's on the ball

Personal favourite of mine, to an obvious tune.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
I just did.

He's number 19 and 6ft 1"

He'll score goals for fun

There's thousands come to see him, they watch him on the ba'

He's here for 54, James Beattie's on the ball

Personal favourite of mine, to an obvious tune.

Third line is a bit of a gub full but good effort

Personal disaster.. I always get my name and number on my tops which is '8 BEATTIE' .. anyone who sees me now is going to have a look and think: 'Look at that prat with the wrong number on his top!' .. :fish:.

I bet he cant give top odds like you tho! :spl: