Weiss officially signs - one year loan

Guest Flying Hippo
Good that you are sticking with it :)

It's pretty much human nature to dismiss a player if he's linked with your rivals and then look for the good qualities in him if he's linked with your team so i can understand why a lot of people are doing it. I watched Weiss destroy Northern Ireland at Windsor Park last season but he is very lightweight and would therefore be used as a winger by us. There's literally no chance he would last 2 minutes as a central midfielder in the SPL. And i don't want another season of central midfielders being used as wingers. They become a good 50% less effective.

It's pretty much human nature to dismiss a player if he's linked with your rivals and then look for the good qualities in him if he's linked with your team so i can understand why a lot of people are doing it. I watched Weiss destroy Northern Ireland at Windsor Park last season but he is very lightweight and would therefore be used as a winger by us. There's literally no chance he would last 2 minutes as a central midfielder in the SPL. And i don't want another season of central midfielders being used as wingers. They become a good 50% less effective.

I've never seen him play really except from when he came on against us at the friendly at Ibrox. So I have absolutely no opinion on him :) Just funny to see the change in opinion in the majority of our support :cool:

Guest Flying Hippo
Haven't really seen him play, but surely the fact that Man City are only willing to let him leave on loan bodes well for his quality. From the comments on here, I'm thinking a Buffel type player?

He's actually a lot more lightweight than Buffel. Can't be more than about 5 foot 7 and about 10 stone. Similar though in that they are at their most effective when played centrally but because of their build, they are inevitably played as wingers

He would look a bit of prick if he signed for us now after coming out publicly saying he would LOVE to play for the mhanky mob and he has always admired them!!! Wonder what he will be saying about us to the media tomorrow if this story is true???????

Rangers pip Celtic for City midfielder

Manchester City are sending Slovakia World Cup winger Vladimir Weiss to Rangers – for a bigger loan fee than Celtic offered.

Talented Weiss had the choice of moving to either Old Firm side but is heading for a medical and signing at Ibrox today.

He had a brief loan spell at Bolton last season. City had Premier League interest and from Stuttgart.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Vladimir-Weiss-has-joined-Rangers-on-loan-from-Manchester-City-and-rejected-Celtic-article558275.html#ixzz0x04klUIP

RANGERS have struck a deal to sign Manchester City kid Vladimir Weiss on a season-long loan.

The SPL champions swooped to secure their second signing of the summer from under the noses of Celtic.

SunSport can reveal Gers manager Walter Smith first enquired about the Slovakian midfielder six weeks ago just days after Hoops gaffer Neil Lennon declared his interest in him.

But Gers have won the race for the World Cup star after agreeing a fee with City late last night.

Weiss, 20, will jet into Glasgow today to complete his 12-month loan move.

City boss Roberto Mancini is convinced Weiss has a big future in the Premier League but wants him to gain more first-team experience.

It's understood the fact Gers are playing in the Champions League was a major plus for Mancini.

Weiss, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Bolton, becomes Smith's second signing in a week following the arrival of James Beattie.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3102316/Walter-gets-Weiss.html#ixzz0x0BscvMm

Don't put too much weight in the comments that he would love to have played for the orcs, journalistic licence I think. Papers to sell, space to fill etc. As for his physical side, we need to play football and don't need 10 outfield

"enforcers" just think of Messi. This guy could be a good signing, he is rated by Mancini who wants him to get some CL experience. A positive move in my opinion, if it comes off.:spl: