Random Rangers "sightings"

Some of you may remember my boring Novo story from Seville.

Well just been to San Sebastien in Spain and in a bar in the old part of town (for anyone that knows it) called Bar Nestor just as I left I noticed a framed Mikel Arteta shirt on the wall. Ok it was an Everton shirt. :o Tenuous link but still I enjoyed it. If anyone can upload the photo I will text it to you (cant do it with my piece of crap phone).

Also saw a scarf in another bar; Bar Eibarterrara (I think) that was a Scotland scarf with Scotland the brave in English and Spanish written on it. Saw various other Saltires (on a wee boat that took us out to a wee Island in the bay and around about the town). Does anyone know if there is some link with the Basque (sp?) part of Spain and Scotland?

Not sure the thread title is very apt now, but there you go.

Oh and where is Mikel Arteta from? Is he from the Basque country?

Edited by Super_Ally
typos

Yes, Arteta was born is San Sebastian.

I'm not sure about a link betwen Scotland and the Basque region. That's often the kind of thing that 26th of Foot is good with.

Ah, had no idea about Arteta's birth place. Doesn't seem quite so random now. :o

Though the girl I know went to school with Xabi Alonso and knows a fair bit about Spanish footballers (for a girl :fish:) and did not have a clue about Arteta.