Crouchy says his piece

Guest Flying Hippo

Hot headed moment which he will have from time to time. Not the brightest bulb in the pack and never will be, but I still have faith in his ability and consider him an important part of the squad.

Did absolutely NOTHING on Sunday then.

His hot headed moments will end up seeing us a squad player done far too often this season when we have a depleted squad as it is. Liability is what he is.

How many times does he have to come out saying how much he loves the club, how he needs to change etc etc ?

Actions, louder, speak, words, than - rearrange for a well-known proverb :D

If someone had smashed the ball off my back,id have chased them off the park, up the stand, down the stand out the stadium and down the street :) :devil:

The very big difference here is that he gets paid multiples of thousands of pounds NOT to react that way. It is part of being a pro.

Most pros punch each other when tight marking - but they just get on with it. It isnt the first time Lafferty has reacted - and I doubt it will be the last.

I will say it again - he is a liability.

I am also far from convinced that he is an "important member of the squad" - the only reason you could label him as that is because the squad is so small.

I would have Weiss, Naismith and Fleck at LM before him.

Up front I would have Naismith, Fleck, Miller, Jelavic, Weiss and Beattie before him.

He is, IMO, very expendable.

His first red card! It could have been at least 3 by now so he should could himself lucky.

I really thought he would have matured over the summer and WS would have given him the pep toalk already. You dont want to take an agreesive streak out of a player sometimes - Alex Ferguson has always said that - but there is a difference between agressive and stupid. Best Rangers example I can think of is Ian Ferguson. The guy put himself about brilliantly but was far from stupid.

His first red card! It could have been at least 3 by now so he should could himself lucky.

I really thought he would have matured over the summer and WS would have given him the pep toalk already. You dont want to take an agreesive streak out of a player sometimes - Alex Ferguson has always said that - but there is a difference between agressive and stupid. Best Rangers example I can think of is Ian Ferguson. The guy put himself about brilliantly but was far from stupid.

I remember Paulo Di Canio chasing after Ferguson after the final whistle of an old firm match years ago and Ferguson just walked away laughing.............hilarious !

I remember Paulo Di Canio chasing after Ferguson after the final whistle of an old firm match years ago and Ferguson just walked away laughing.............hilarious !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMJD0LFCks]YouTube- Di Canio and Ian Ferguson[/ame]

As a self-confessed Boyd "hater", how can you like Lafferty more as a footballer than Boyd? :confused:

One is the top SPL goalscorer while the other is sitting about 178th. If Lafferty played for us for the rest of his career he would be lucky to finish in the top 10 all time top SPL scorers.

I don't recall Boyd being part of this thread?

The very big difference here is that he gets paid multiples of thousands of pounds NOT to react that way. It is part of being a pro.

No matter how many millions you get, occasionally you'll be a flamin' galaaaahr and react. Or are you telling me Zinedine Zidane did NOT headbut Materazzi (And that had by no means been the first hot head moment in his career either, and he's regarded as one of the greatest ever).

Footballers are still human.

Most pros punch each other when tight marking - but they just get on with it. It isnt the first time Lafferty has reacted - and I doubt it will be the last.

I will say it again - he is a liability.

No he's not, he's never cost us a single point, victory or anything. If he was a liability, we'd have paid for his moments by now.

I am also far from convinced that he is an "important member of the squad" - the only reason you could label him as that is because the squad is so small.

I would have Weiss, Naismith and Fleck at LM before him.

I wouldn't have him at LM full stop.

Up front I would have Naismith, Fleck, Miller, Jelavic, Weiss and Beattie before him.

I've been promoting rotation for a long time, so I wouldn't say I want this guy over that guy all the time - it depends on the game and the circumstance. And we have the options up front that all our players are important and should be used wisely. And for that I trust Walter Smith - and if he deems Jelavic or Fleck before Lafferty or vice versa, I'll trust him on it.

He is, IMO, very expendable.

Disagree. None of our players are expendable.