The Ryder Cup - Celtic Manor

Monty announces his squad in half an hour for the competition that starts in early October. I think Europe will run away with it as the Yanks squad doesn't look all that intimidating or exciting.

The Europeans who have autimatically qualified are:

Miguel angel Jimenez

Peter Hanson

Lee Westwood

Rory McIlroy

Martin Kaymer

Graeme McDowell

Ian Poulter

Ross Fisher

Fransesco Molinari

Monty has 3 wildcard picks but there are 4 top class players chasing the 3 picks.

Paul Casey

Padraig Harrington

Justin Rose

Luke Donald

And then there's Eduardo Molinari who has just won the Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles and playing the golf of his life.

Monty has a tough decision on his hands. Personally, I'd pick Rose, Molinari and Harrington.

harrington has also been murder, and does not have a great RC record. casey, rose and E.Molinari would've been my picks. we have 5 rookies this year and he's only picked Paddy for experience IMO.....

Seems Wattie's not alone at shoehorning experienced players into his team. :fish:

• 2 weeks later...

Corey Pavin has picked his 4 wildcards and Tiger Woods was named as one of them. The others were Stewart Cink, Ricky Fowler and Zach Johnson. They join Phil Mickelson, Hunter Mahan, Bubba Watson, Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, Dustin Johnson, Jeff Overton and Matt Kuchar who automatically gained a place in the American Ryder Cup team.