Man Utd 0 - 0 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers take deserved point from Old Trafford after disciplined defensive performance in Manchester.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=302:man-utd-0-0-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:kb: for me. Thought he was immense throughout the game despite the obvious mental anguish he felt at the Valencia leg break.

I thought Sasa Papac was absolutely superb. Broadfoot too, but Big Sasa stood out. His timing in the tackle was excellent and he broke up a number of Man U attacks to good effect. Second half he also started to carry the ball into the midfield and try to push forward. He even had a half-chance to score - how many of our players can say that after last night?

I thought Sasa Papac was absolutely superb. Broadfoot too, but Big Sasa stood out. His timing in the tackle was excellent and he broke up a number of Man U attacks to good effect. Second half he also started to carry the ball into the midfield and try to push forward. He even had a half-chance to score - how many of our players can say that after last night?

I thought Sasa Papac was bordering on a nightmare giving the ball away unnecessarily on many occasions and some stupid fouls in dangerous places. I am really surprised you mention him as MOM. Funny how we all see things different.

I will go with the Lee McCulloch group i thought he was everywhere. Broadfoot Edu and Bougherra also deserve a mention though.

Have to disagree with you all on MOTM this time.

Step forward Steven Naismith with a performance both offensive and defensive that was totally outstanding.

Most bears I spoke to on the bus on the way up the road last night were pretty much of the same mind.

Perhaps it looked different on the telly, but wee Naisy was head and shoulders above everyone IMO last night, and that includes the opposition.

Obviously the back 5 all did their job well, but I didnt think any of them stood out individually, but it was a collective Iron Curtain that kept out United's probing.

Was disappointed with Davis performance, thought he was very ineffective, but our worst player by a country mile was the empty shirt up front, who turned in yet another European performance to forget, cementing my belief that he cannot play the lone striker role with any effect at this level. Of course I had the benefit of seeing his off the ball efforts, for what they were, and he had an absolute stinker. Yes, it is hard when you are left about 40 yards away from your nearest team-mate, but you have to offer yourself for the out ball and too often he just didnt move at all, and refused to chase or put any pressure on the United back line, choosing instead to stand beside a centre half for most of the game, generally on the wrong side of play as well. Miller's Euro record since re-joining the club P8 W0 F0 tells you all you need to know.