Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee Utd: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers cruise to the top of the SPL with comfortable win against Arabs on Saturday.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=305:rangers-4-0-dundee-utd-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

Although his first touch was poor at times and him and Miller often played too close to each other, I felt :nj: was worthy of the award this week for his overall contribution.

It really wasn't until the 2nd half where we really put in enough to secure the points but a variety of players did pretty well and I certainly enjoyed Weiss' trickery on the wing. Also thought McCulloch did very well again and he did more than most to try and up the pace of the game.

:)

Guest 90minsofmadness

McCulloch was my MoTM, thought he was excellent. Bougherra was great in the first half but had little to do in the seconda and Jelavic looked class as well.

Weiss made me enjoy football again for the first 25minutes with some outstanding skill..

Guest 90minsofmadness

Very harsh on Edu them ratings, Whittaker played far worse than he did, I thought Edu was good but seems he's the next whipping boy for some of our support.

Very harsh on Edu them ratings, Whittaker played far worse than he did, I thought Edu was good but seems he's the next whipping boy for some of our support.

I was just a bit disappointed with how defensive he was - although like you say he wasn't the only person; for example Davis was again awful for much of the first hour.

Edu is just a bit too slow on the ball at times. I like the lad and think he's a decent player who can only get better but on Saturday he was average at best.

Didnt think there was a standout player on Saturday, and for much of the game thought we were a bit sluggish until we got the second goal, then we played well as United chucked it, and perhaps could have won by even more.

My 2 fav whipping boys, Miller and McCulloch both had good games, there I said it, as even though Miller was his usual self with his passing, trapping, reading of the game (i.e. pisspoor) his role in the team now is to score goals, and he took his chances well, so he gets a favourable review, as I gave Boyd on many occassions for the same thing.

I was fairly pleased with the efforts of Jelavic, I thought Weiss picked the wrong option at times but I was delighted with his attitude, especailly after the 2 assaults he just got right back up and went at them again. That attitude will take the boy a long way in his position, and his decision making and final ball will improve as he settles in.

Always good to see a clean sheet at home as well, so I was well satisfied with the result and overall performance, and would probably have given the MOTM to Weiss, more for his attitude and desire to go past his man every time.