Walter was all set to turn to young Wylde at Tynecastle and he'd have been tasked with coming on to create something for us on the left if the game hadn't swung in our favour like it did. Yes, it could be argued that there wasn't much else that could be done with what was on the bench from our limited squad, but that's what you call living within your means. IMO that level of trust shows that Walter is prepared to give the young guys a chance rather than bring in more experienced, but cheap squad players as back up (Foster aside... cough).

And WS can hardly be blamed for that.... so it isnt WS's fault, I knew you would get there eventually Gav :thup:

But surely WS has the final say on who we sign and don't sign? Surely he look at potential signings himself and then makes judgement. I'm hoping WS or any Rangers manager doesn't go with the feedback his scouts come back with and sign a player without seeing the player in action for himself?

Having watched our youth teams for many years I for one wouldn't say Walter is reluctant to give youth a chance, if they are good enough they will get that chance. Most people that call for youth players to be included usually haven't actually seen them, or have seen them only briefly. Nobody would like to see some of them progress in to the first team more than me, but only if they are good enough. They seems to be a perception that our youths are better than what they really are, where as results are not the most important aspect, we have finished third in the youth league the last two seasons.

Of the Hibs side that won the league two years ago only Hanlon and Wotherspoon have made the breakthrough, from Celtic last season, Forrest has only made a breakthrough this season. In the same period Fleck and Wilson were integrated into a league winning side. One or two others have had a taste, Ness has had his injury problems and this season Hutton is ahead of schedule having impressed pre-season.

I hope to be proved wrong, but if you have read my reports this season's youths don't appear to be the same quality as the past few seasons. That's not to say there isn't 1 or 2 prospects, but the reality is we have to win every game at first team level, and at the moment none of the younger players would improve the team.

Having watched our youth teams for many years I for one wouldn't say Walter is reluctant to give youth a chance, if they are good enough they will get that chance. Most people that call for youth players to be included usually haven't actually seen them, or have seen them only briefly. Nobody would like to see some of them progress in to the first team more than me, but only if they are good enough. They seems to be a perception that our youths are better than what they really are, where as results are not the most important aspect, we have finished third in the youth league the last two seasons.

Of the Hibs side that won the league two years ago only Hanlon and Wotherspoon have made the breakthrough, from Celtic last season, Forrest has only made a breakthrough this season. In the same period Fleck and Wilson were integrated into a league winning side. One or two others have had a taste, Ness has had his injury problems and this season Hutton is ahead of schedule having impressed pre-season.

I hope to be proved wrong, but if you have read my reports this season's youths don't appear to be the same quality as the past few seasons. That's not to say there isn't 1 or 2 prospects, but the reality is we have to win every game at first team level, and at the moment none of the younger players would improve the team.

Thanks elfideldo good to get a view from someone who actually watches these young players.