I don't see any progress from last year.We are in exactly the same postion as last season going into the first old firm game.Its a game we have to to win.

We are not playing great football the signings we have made are not doing it for us.Does anybody get the feeling of deja vue???

It's not looking great at the moment but I think I can point out a couple of differences to last season.

Last season our manager had been in the job for almost 4 years, our present manager has had the benefit of a couple of months and only 8 competative games.

Last year we played dire football in almost every game and looking like we were riding our luck, this year there are glimses that we have a system that could come good with time and seem to have suffered an unfair amount of bad luck.

Le Guen has to improve but he's still new and has a new team, at least give him a bit of time.

For Eck our patience ran out after four years, surely le Guen deserves to have judgement reserved till at least the end of his first season?

The main reason that Celtic are ahead of us is that they are scraping lucky 1-0 wins while we have had a couple of unlucky draws. Luck usually evens itself out over a season.

The main reason that Celtic are ahead of us is that they are scraping lucky 1-0 wins while we have had a couple of unlucky draws. Luck usually evens itself out over a season.

The annoying thing is they did not play well against the Sheep or Dunfermline and are still getting 3 points. For example in the Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock games we've played some very nice football and only got a point from each of these matches. It will only take a few more weeks of results like this before the gap will be into double figures.

Even still I am not jumping on the let's blame PLG bandwagon. The season is still young and so is our squad. We all said it would take time before we get to our peak and I still believe it will.

I do hope you guys a right I have only saw them 4 times this season due to work comitments and I haven't been impressed so far.But I will give him/them the benifit of the doubt.It is very frustrating as our/my expectations were very high.

give leguen a break.

NOTHING can be blamed on him yet. the guys just through the door. if anything murray should be blamed for not giving leguen the money he promised he would.

i`m sure still that we`ll come good but it`s just going to be a battle royale now.

just think, rangers win next weekend against the tims and then we`ll all be raving about monsieur leguen again.:thup:

NOTHING can be blamed on him yet. :

So he can't be blamed for signing players like Svensson, Sebo and Sionko who have struggled to settle in and who appear to be not Rangers class?

So he can't be blamed for not addressing the problems we had last season - defending crosses, retaining the ball at throw-ins, fitness, passing, scoring goals and general football fundimentals like defending? EDIT - nthe players must also take their share of the blame for the above.

So he can't be blamed for continually changing the team, dropping our top scorer, best creative player and most consistant midfielder?

PLG must get time but he also has responsibilites and must be held accountable.

Cammy F

The manager needs to be given time and he will be. We have David Murray not Vladimir Romanov, thank god. The season is only a few weeks old and if you look back over the last few seasons the team that has started the season well has fallen away and lost the league. Although PLG had studied video's of all the players, actually working with them is a different kettle of fish.Our present run of form has coincided with Fergie's return and it has been well documented on here what i think of Fergie. I just do not rate him at all. PLG had to give him a chance i now hope he see's that Hemdani has to play or that we need someone else to be brought in when the window opens. For a good mid-mid we will have to pay good money,we have tried the cheap choices and it does not work you get what you pay for. Not having a good playmaker has cost us millions in the last few years imo, there is a Dutch saying that say's buying cheap can be expensive and that is totally appropriate for us. Although Fergie was not really cheap.Many players find it difficult to ajust to Scottish football and it is possible that PLG will also need time to ajust. He may have to change his way of thinking for the less technical but die at the sword football that is played in Scotland.To answer your Question i have no deja vue feeling as i have more faith in PLG than i ever had in Eck. He just needs time!

The manager needs to be given time and he will be. We have David Murray not Vladimir Romanov, thank god. The season is only a few weeks old and if you look back over the last few seasons the team that has started the season well has fallen away and lost the league. Although PLG had studied video's of all the players, actually working with them is a different kettle of fish.Our present run of form has coincided with Fergie's return and it has been well documented on here what i think of Fergie. I just do not rate him at all. PLG had to give him a chance i now hope he see's that Hemdani has to play or that we need someone else to be brought in when the window opens. For a good mid-mid we will have to pay good money,we have tried the cheap choices and it does not work you get what you pay for. Not having a good playmaker has cost us millions in the last few years imo, there is a Dutch saying that say's buying cheap can be expensive and that is totally appropriate for us. Although Fergie was not really cheap.Many players find it difficult to ajust to Scottish football and it is possible that PLG will also need time to ajust. He may have to change his way of thinking for the less technical but die at the sword football that is played in Scotland.To answer your Question i have no deja vue feeling as i have more faith in PLG than i ever had in Eck. He just needs time!

Did Fergie play in the 1-1 draw at DAFC? Or in the 2-2 draws with Killie and DUFC? To say that this run of poor form is somehow down to 1 player is laughable. This has been coming for weeks - we have only managed to win 3 games this season and have been getting steadly worse week after week.

His signings, Clement apart look to have been bad business - none have shown anything that suggests that they will improve (by God I hope I am wrong) and he continually tinkers with the team. He has this season, already dropped out top scorer, most creative player and our most consistant midfield player, whilst continually playing 2 centre-defenders that can't head a fookin ball.

Cammy F

So he can't be blamed for signing players like Svensson, Sebo and Sionko who have struggled to settle in and who appear to be not Rangers class?

I don't know how you can judge players who've only played a few games. To say they have failed and the manager should be blamed means you are either clairvoyant, jumping the gun or maybe you're more qualified than the Rangers scouts?

Hateley took a year to settle into the Rangers team and became a legend.

Sebo and Sionko have shown they can play and score at international level, so I'd say they have a good chance to become good players for Rangers but need games to show us that.

Svensson is taking longer as he's played 8 games, but we bought a 22 year old foreigner whom we knew wasn't the finished product.

You are being way overly harsh and I don't remember this kind of unreasonable criticism from you when Eck was around.

So he can't be blamed for not addressing the problems we had last season - defending crosses, retaining the ball at throw-ins, fitness, passing, scoring goals and general football fundimentals like defending? EDIT - nthe players must also take their share of the blame for the above.

As the personnel have changed significantly as have the training regime and tactics, I would say that these are not the same problems as last season, new similar problems but not the same old ones.

How can you say we are not scoring goals, when I think I am correct in saying that we are top scorers in the league? I've seen some pretty good passing as well but do agree our defence looks a bit shaky especially from crosses.

Now we have Papac, that may change, so I think the manager needs a bit more time before being blamed.

So he can't be blamed for continually changing the team, dropping our top scorer, best creative player and most consistant midfielder?

This all depends on how we play over a number of games. Could he not be saving these players from burnout before the crucial OF game? Is he not trying to get Barry up to competitive match fitness as quickly as possible, seeing as he and many Rangers fans see our captain as being crucial to our season?

There are long term considerations as well as for the current game.

PLG must get time but he also has responsibilites and must be held accountable.

He is accountable, there is no doubt about that and he appears more than ready to accept it. But usually you audit the accounts at the end of the financial year - or in this case the season...

I don't know how you can judge players who've only played a few games. To say they have failed and the manager should be blamed means you are either clairvoyant, jumping the gun or maybe you're more qualified than the Rangers scouts?

Hateley took a year to settle into the Rangers team and became a legend.

Sebo and Sionko have shown they can play and score at international level, so I'd say they have a good chance to become good players for Rangers but need games to show us that.

Svensson is taking longer as he's played 8 games, but we bought a 22 year old foreigner whom we knew wasn't the finished product.

You are being way overly harsh and I don't remember this kind of unreasonable criticism from you when Eck was around.

agreed. but i think this is part of cammy's plan to show that the criticism of eck was, itself, unreasonable.