Nithsdale statement re court case

RFC should also take a stand in this. We should, forthwith, refuse to attend games at Tannadice for the remainder of the season. I know that this doesnt help the team but it also sends a message to that reptile Thomson that we wont be fucked with.

Tannochside... that truly reads like a complete travesty. Incredible.

Guest BillyMac

everyone on here knows that i will never darken tanadice,s door again, i would love the club to take our intrests into account when dealing with this club

It's a disappointing outcome but it's certainly not a disaster and there's a great deal that's positive to take out of this. Most important of all is that for once a group of Rangers fans stood together and WERE counted ... personally I would be shouting this from the rooftops as an encouragement to the next group who don't feel like taking it up the sphincter.

Really well done Nithsdale RSC. You put a marker down and showed every other Rangers supporter what can be done if people act together. You didn't win the case but you probably won more than Dundee Utd, who you forced to stand and defend the most ridiculous position. If this could be turned into a boycott for even one future game then you would have won everything. If we had an RST worth the name, they would already be organising it .. as it is, with your example as a foundation stone, we can probably do it anyway.

Bad news but a big well done on your efforts from me. Boycotting Tannadice for a couple of fixtures or more would send out a statement to DUFC.

I'm sure you've gave many other RSC's encouragement to take clubs to task who abuse their position.

The legal system in this country was once renowned, but after decisions like this and other recent ones involving the so-called "famine sing", you have to conclude that certain sheriffs ignore the evidence and just come to the decision that makes their life the easiest and not one based on facts and justice. :(

It's a disappointing outcome but it's certainly not a disaster and there's a great deal that's positive to take out of this. Most important of all is that for once a group of Rangers fans stood together and WERE counted ... personally I would be shouting this from the rooftops as an encouragement to the next group who don't feel like taking it up the sphincter.

Really well done Nithsdale RSC. You put a marker down and showed every other Rangers supporter what can be done if people act together. You didn't win the case but you probably won more than Dundee Utd, who you forced to stand and defend the most ridiculous position. If this could be turned into a boycott for even one future game then you would have won everything. If we had an RST worth the name, they would already be organising it .. as it is, with your example as a foundation stone, we can probably do it anyway.[/quote

RST...ASSEMBLY....everyone of them should act together over this.

This is a really interesting part of the judgement for me.

He also states that only individuals buy tickets for football matches, and that Supporters clubs have no identity, other than to act as agents for individuals.

Is he referring to named individuals or individuals who are members of the Supporters Club.

I'm assuming that when the Supporters Club is allocated tickets there is then a ballot or a loyalty scheme in place to decide who gets those tickets as there will not, in the case of Nithsdale, be sufficient tickets for all their members.

Therefore the tickets cannot possibly be for named individuals and are allocated to 'the club'.

'The Club' therefore cannot possibly have no identity as you cannot issue tickets to something which doesn't exist.

I'm suspecting the Sherrif is out of his comfort zone here.

He seems to be inferring that if an individual had brought the case to court he would have produced a judgment in favour of the individual.

This is a really interesting part of the judgement for me.

He also states that only individuals buy tickets for football matches, and that Supporters clubs have no identity, other than to act as agents for individuals.

Is he referring to named individuals or individuals who are members of the Supporters Club.

I'm assuming that when the Supporters Club is allocated tickets there is then a ballot or a loyalty scheme in place to decide who gets those tickets as there will not, in the case of Nithsdale, be sufficient tickets for all their members.

Therefore the tickets cannot possibly be for named individuals and are allocated to 'the club'.

'The Club' therefore cannot possibly have no identity as you cannot issue tickets to something which doesn't exist.

I'm suspecting the Sherrif is out of his comfort zone here.

He seems to be inferring that if an individual had brought the case to court he would have produced a judgment in favour of the individual.

As a RSC we ordered the total number of tickets for our clubs members that wanted to go to Tannadice, 66, and that is the number of tickets we got.

What the Sheriff was saying was that RSC's and by definition any Supporters Club, have no legal identity to sue as a collective as they are an unincorporated body that merely act as ticket agency's for individual supporters. This has been argued against to 3 different Sheriffs on 4 different occassions, and we won the argument every time, including to the Sheriff who ultimately ruled against us at the start of the 2-day hearing. Why he then went back on his original ruling when it came to putting it into writing at the end of the hearing is anyone's guess.