He's 28 lol, bit old to be groomed. If he had any future he'd have played more

A lot of Gers fans were saying he'd take over from Weir after he did so well at Tannadice last season. I'm not one of them.. ;)

As for his age, well what age is Sir David??

Weir is hardly a typical age though :P

He's surprised everyone that's for sure, but it's not particularly uncommon for pro defenders to play till they're at least 35, both for lower quality teams and for the best (say top 30) teams in Europe.

I'm glad we didn't get Woodwillie. He might look quite good for Dundee United but as we know its a big step up going to the old firm. Few youngsters from spl clubs have gone on and done well at the old firm in recent years. Steven Naismith is an obvious exception but it even took him a while to find his groove.

Going back to Webster, funny how he was superb for Dundee Utd and Hearts yet in his spells in the premiership and at us he was nowhere to be found. Dare I say being a good player in a poor team is basically his level?

You'll never know if Goodwillie,or any other player,will make the step up unless they get the opportunity to do so?.

You'll never know if Goodwillie,or any other player,will make the step up unless they get the opportunity to do so?.

Agree with that and would have been a far better choice than Beattie.

They wouldn't have accepted that money, Webster or no Webster. Everyone in the SPL outwith us tends to play hardball with their prized assets. Did they not want �£3m + ?

Aye, they apparently wanted silly money, but it's time we played hardball too. �£1.5m plus Webster would have been a good deal for both clubs IMO. Beattie might still come good, but Goodwillie would have a lot more time to do so given his age.

Considering their supposed financial problems and the dislike Thompson has of us his price is tbh a joke and a put off. Jelavic is a much much better player, buying players from SPL diddies is not my cup of tea unless the player is special. Although he might have been not bad instead of Beattie who I knew would struggle with out training methods, as they do seem to give our players injuries especially the chronic ones, ironically Webster and to a part Beasley when he was here.