I’m a clown... and I’ve let Walter down

KYLE LAFFERTY last night branded himself a CLOWN and confessed he has let down Rangers boss Walter Smith again.

Lafferty is facing six weeks on the sidelines after breaking a finger in his left hand.

The Northern Ireland star suffered the freak injury during horseplay with team-mate Gregg Wylde at Murray Park.

He said: "I was messing about while coming off the bus last Wednesday morning.

"I fell and fractured my wedding finger in two different places.

"Walter Smith didn't say anything at first, but I knew he was furious.

"We were already down to the bare bones for the Manchester United game.

"I don't know if I was starting against United, but I'd like to think I would have been because we were struggling for numbers.

"Walter had to go out and give a team-talk to the players who were featuring.

"I apologised to him at the game and just said my stupidity had left me looking like a clown - and given him a bigger headache."

Lafferty would have started against United.

But livid boss Smith - already without FIVE established stars - was forced instead to pitch in rookie kid Kyle Hutton.

Smith was still so angry last Friday he made it clear he didn't want anyone mentioning what happened 'within earshot' of him.

Lafferty - struggling to be fit for the January 2 derby against Celtic - added: "Because of my messing about I'm facing the possibility of a decent period out of the team.

"But that's my punishment and I've got to accept it. I'm p****d off with myself.

"It was wrong for me to be messing about on the day of the game."

Lafferty could miss up to eight SPL and European games unless his injury heals quicker.

I honestly didn't think a broken finger could keep a player out for so long!!!!!,a keeper aye,but an outfield player??????:confused:

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3252307/Im-a-clown-and-Ive-let-Walter-down.html#ixzz16kSnsLEN

Can he not just strap it up and get on with it? Fuck sake, rugby players can and they need their hands.

Really doesn't do himself any favours. Any other player and it would be a bit more trifling. With Lafferty you're left thinking "not again" with regards to him making a clown of himself. I could have sympathy for fans getting fucked off with his clown like behaviour and am suprised he has gotten off so lightly on here.