Is Ally McCoist the answer? Should new owner's bring in their own man?

Walter Smith has reiterated is intention of retiring from Rangers.

He has told potential new owners that McCoist is ready to fill his position. Is this an old pals act?

Should the new owner's bring in their own man in order to move Rangers forward, or will McCoist suffice?

Im not a fan of managers making it public knowledge they are leaving at the end of the season nor knowing who is coming into replace them. That was 1 of the reasons we didnt get 10IAR.

We've only seen McCoist briefly in cup matches but he has always had WS over his shoulder or up in the stands to get advice if needed. Hopefully thats the learning period over. But over a season the dury is out whether it will be a good appointment.

As much as I love Ally as a legend, If a more experienced and more attractive name was linked then I wouldnt say no to someone else coming in next.

Ally has earned his chance when you consider the commitment he has made to our great club throughout his career. I'm sure when SWS departs Ally will make his changes and put his own mark on the club. He's had enough time to prepare so i think it's actually a very shrewd move by Rangers.

Can he make the grade as a top manager? Only time will tell but McCoist has ALWAYS been known as someone with a likable, infectious personality. It's difficult even for the Tims to dislike him. So i'm sure he can get the best out of the players he has, it'll just be down to his tactics.

I don't particularly fancy McCoist as manager but he has had ~5 years experience of working 'under' Walter so if he's not ready now, then he may never be.

The issue may be determined more by how successful we are this season than anything else.

I can see both sides of the coin here. McCoist has surely earned his chance, but its also unclear just how influential his role has been since WS returned and I don't think WS presence can be under-estimated even when he's taking a back seat and letting McCoist do more of the hands-on management stuff.

Im not a fan of managers making it public knowledge they are leaving at the end of the season nor knowing who is coming into replace them. That was 1 of the reasons we didnt get 10IAR.

We've only seen McCoist briefly in cup matches but he has always had WS over his shoulder or up in the stands to get advice if needed. Hopefully thats the learning period over. But over a season the dury is out whether it will be a good appointment.

As much as I love Ally as a legend, If a more experienced and more attractive name was linked then I wouldnt say no to someone else coming in next.

thumb_3.png

or

bbc_the_verdict_jury.jpg

???

:P