Here we go again, let's condemn ourselves

From the official site, more bullshit from the cowards running Rangers.....

RANGERS Football Club today repeated its warning to supporters not to engage in any sectarian singing at its fixtures.

The club is at serious risk of punishment by footballing authorities if sectarian behavior is in evidence among its fans.

This includes the singing of songs such as the Billy Boys, which is banned by UEFA, and the Famine Song, which has led to people being arrested and convicted in the past.

Ahead of tomorrow's match against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Northern Constabulary have confirmed it plans to take a zero tolerance approach to sectarian behaviour.

Rangers Head of Safety and Security, David Martin, said: "Our fans have given us tremendous backing in Europe this season and we want that to continue in our domestic matches.

"As Martin Bain has previously stated, the majority of our supporters agree there is no place at Rangers for sectarian singing and the fans and the club have made great strides in recent years to address this behaviour.

"Unfortunately, we still have an element of the support who insist on singing offensive songs, particularly at domestic away matches in the SPL.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the club is at risk of punishment at ALL matches, domestic and European, and fans risk arrest if they participate in sectarian singing.

"Fans who engage in such behaviour only let themselves, other supporters and the club down.

"Problematic behaviour by supporters at away matches is not unique to Rangers but as a club, we are determined to tackle this issue."

I have to agree, I mean ok fair enough I don't want to see the Rangers deducted points for singing certain songs,but I'd rather see the club saying don't sing these songs as we may get fined,or deducted points,or whatever,but I'd also like to see the club challenge these decisions and push for parity, the songs the Rangers fans sing seem to be the only ones that are deemed offensive,bigoted,sectarian,that in itself is bigoted IMO. I don't give a shit really what fans sing to wind each other up,that is one of the best things about being a fan,but it just seems nowadays too many people get offended and cry '' bigots,sectarian,blah blah feckin blah. Grow a set Rangers and challenge the rules,laws,whatever the feck it is,but ffs it's about time the fans had some backing,defending from the club

This will be due to private leanings from most likely the SPL/SFA, I have no doubt about it. The club NEED to be seen to be doing this, otherwise the "powers" WILL dock points. We've seen what influence can be had over the SFA this year already. Celtic seem desperate to win our title, and have shown in the past they don't mind cheating to get it.

The fact that its ok to replace the B with a K if you're a Kilmarnock fan is preposterous, and needs to be addressed. Iif a level headed, objective Rangers man couldn't bring that attitude in after heading the SFA, I am fearful of what will happen. If we want to play football within the Scottish league/UEFA jurisdiction, we need to (sadly) play by there rules. It is shocking that we sit in this position, but because of the pressure we are under, we cannot point the finger at others without the "powers" and to some extent the non-football following public thinking its just our way of deflecting.

Don't think for a second that I'm not angry that it is just Rangers that are getting persecuted for offensive singing, I mean someone using the F word is offensive to some people yet tolerated. But I want to win the SPL's league, so if singing a song jeopardises the attempt, I will refrain from singing it (at Rangers games) and plead with others to do the same.

This will be due to private leanings from most likely the SPL/SFA, I have no doubt about it. The club NEED to be seen to be doing this, otherwise the "powers" WILL dock points. We've seen what influence can be had over the SFA this year already. Celtic seem desperate to win our title, and have shown in the past they don't mind cheating to get it.

The fact that its ok to replace the B with a K if you're a Kilmarnock fan is preposterous, and needs to be addressed. Iif a level headed, objective Rangers man couldn't bring that attitude in after heading the SFA, I am fearful of what will happen. If we want to play football within the Scottish league/UEFA jurisdiction, we need to (sadly) play by there rules. It is shocking that we sit in this position, but because of the pressure we are under, we cannot point the finger at others without the "powers" and to some extent the non-football following public thinking its just our way of deflecting.

Don't think for a second that I'm not angry that it is just Rangers that are getting persecuted for offensive singing, I mean someone using the F word is offensive to some people yet tolerated. But I want to win the SPL's league, so if singing a song jeopardises the attempt, I will refrain from singing it (at Rangers games) and plead with others to do the same.

I think you've just made a decent case for why Rangers should buy a backbone and tell them all to fuck off. They want to dock points, let them. They want to close a stand, let them close it. Some things are just not worth winning.

I think you've just made a decent case for why Rangers should buy a backbone and tell them all to fuck off. They want to dock points, let them. They want to close a stand, let them close it. Some things are just not worth winning.

Let them dock points or close a stand? I want some of what you're medicating with!

There are far too many precedents been set all over Europe where teams fans behave far worse than ours , whether through actions or songs , jesus christ UEFA would have a thromby at the though of having to dish out bans .

As Maineflyer says bring it on , for a start you could get the whole Scottish league stopped for months

Anything but this craven shit, constantly apologizing, always playing their game. They call us sectarian, we ask the fans not to be sectarian. They complain our songs are discriminatory, we ban the songs for being discriminatory. They say the famine song is a slur on those who died in the famine, we ban the song without question. They whistle, we bark.

We're continually on the back foot, always judging our actions according to the criticism of the most deceitful, duplicitous bastards on the planet. I can't remember the last time our club came out and criticized the fen1ans for their behaviour at Ibrox. Where was Bain when they contrived a cancellation of the OF game after O'Donnell died, or when they played their integrity card. They tell us we're in the wrong and our club tries to figure out how to apologise.

Murray tried for twenty years to sanitize Rangers because he bought the fen1an shite and knew no better what Rangers were about. Bain is a weak clown of a man who pours out this claptrap year after year. Rangers and too many fans seem ignorant of our past and our right to hold our own views, regardless of whether the Catholics or the Oirish or the republicans happen to agree with them. The Billy Boys .... sing it loud and sing it long. Fuck the muppets running Rangers, fuck UEFA and the SFA ... and fuck any of you embarrassed cowards who don't have the stomach to stand up for yourselves.

Anything but this craven shit, constantly apologizing, always playing their game. They call us sectarian, we ask the fans not to be sectarian. They complain our songs are discriminatory, we ban the songs for being discriminatory. They say the famine song is a slur on those who died in the famine, we ban the song without question. They whistle, we bark.

We're continually on the back foot, always judging our actions according to the criticism of the most deceitful, duplicitous bastards on the planet. I can't remember the last time our club came out and criticized the fen1ans for their behaviour at Ibrox. Where was Bain when they contrived a cancellation of the OF game after O'Donnell died, or when they played their integrity card. They tell us we're in the wrong and our club tries to figure out how to apologise.

Murray tried for twenty years to sanitize Rangers because he bought the fen1an shite and knew no better what Rangers were about. Bain is a weak clown of a man who pours out this claptrap year after year. Rangers and too many fans seem ignorant of our past and our right to hold our own views, regardless of whether the Catholics or the Oirish or the republicans happen to agree with them. The Billy Boys .... sing it loud and sing it long. Fuck the muppets running Rangers, fuck UEFA and the SFA ... and fuck any of you embarrassed cowards who don't have the stomach to stand up for yourselves.

Quality Post MF.

Got to say ma man Fukkin NO SURRENDER.