As manager of Rangers, Walter Smith has overseen around 10 full seasons.

Generally thought of as at least the second best manager in the club's history (and in many fans' eyes, the best), he's brought incredible success to the club, achieving the majority of 9IAR in his first spell plus a near final place in the CL, plus the final of the Uefa Cup and yet more leagues in his second.

He's seen as an incredibly safe pair of hands and has rarely let the club really down, as well as risking his reputation on more than one occasion (returning after the ill-fated PLG era, and signing Kenny Miller being 2 examples) to bring success.

He leaves this coming June, departing the club entirely, but just how many of us would trust him to continue. I'd wager most if not all, which is why him leaving is such a shame. He's a real gem, a quality of manager Rangers wouldn't get if he didn't have Rangers in his blood.

I'd love him to stay, as I fear the unknown with Ally in charge, and I'm canvassing for support in this endeavour.

For no particular reason I started this on Facebook - I know it's futile and he's made his mind up, but I just wanted to express an opinion.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-wish-Walter-Smith-would-change-his-mind-about-leaving/147709755278312?ref=ts

Anything is possible, but I can't see anyone convincing Walter to stay when he's repeated over and over again that he'll be leaving.

I think most Rangers fans would like him to stay,not all Rangers fans would like to see him stay,I think even Ally would like to see him stay,but I can't see him staying as he has already said numerous times he is leaving. I'll bet you the BHEASTS will be celebrating his departure though

I think most Rangers fans would like him to stay,not all Rangers fans would like to see him stay,I think even Ally would like to see him stay,but I can't see him staying as he has already said numerous times he is leaving. I'll bet you the BHEASTS will be celebrating his departure though

Maybe that's why he's said he's leaving... let the bheasts build themselves into a frenzy of joy because they think he's leaving, then turn round and land them with a killer blow by saying he'll stay!! hehehehe.... :boogie:

Maybe that's why he's said he's leaving... let the bheasts build themselves into a frenzy of joy because they think he's leaving, then turn round and land them with a killer blow by saying he'll stay!! hehehehe.... :boogie:

Aye,I'd settle for that mate,but I can't see it,tbh if WS goes I'm not too bothered about Ally taking over from WS, as he is a Rangers man and why not give him a shot,I think anybody who is going to take over has a lot to live up to

I would like him to stay but I think he is a reasonably stubborn man and will retire at the end of the season. Was pleased that he stayed on last season as I was thinking that he would not stay on for another season considering he was working without a contract so to speak. He can be convinced to stay on but can't see it happening again.