Rangers hitman Kenny Miller linked with January move to Birmingham

BIRMINGHAM CITY boss Alex McLeish is set to launch a sensational swoop for Rangers star Kenny Miller.

Ibrox money man Martin Bain insisted recently that the club would not be forced to sell the in-form frontman during the January transfer window - despite contract talks having broken down.

Rangers boss Walter Smith is still hopeful a new deal can be struck but McLeish could make a cut-price offer of �£1million when the window opens.

It would be interesting then to see whether the Lloyds Banking Group would insist on a sale as Miller could go for nothing when his contract expires at the end of the season.

McLeish and his assistant, Andy Watson, know all about the free-scoring striker from their time together at Hibs and Scotland and are looking for a goalscorer to join the Premiership club.

Miller is also looking for one final payday before he retires and would not be bothered by the fact he has already played for Birmingham's Midlands rivals Derby County and Wolves. But Rangers fans would be gutted to see the striker leave as he has netted 20 times already this season.

Brum need to boost their squad and McLeish, having missed out on a clutch of forward targets last summer, remains in need of attacking players.

James McFadden is a long-term injury absentee and Aleksandr Hleb is also out through injury.

McLeish's squad is thin and he accepts his team has to become more dangerous and creative. He said: "There is scope to be adding to our squad, no question about it."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/12/24/rangers-hitman-kenny-miller-linked-with-january-move-to-birmingham-86908-22804415/

Dec 24 2010 Chris Roberts

BIRMINGHAM CITY boss Alex McLeish is set to launch a sensational swoop for Rangers star Kenny Miller.

Ibrox money man Martin Bain insisted recently that the club would not be forced to sell the in-form frontman during the January transfer window - despite contract talks having broken down.

Rangers boss Walter Smith is still hopeful a new deal can be struck but McLeish could make a cut-price offer of �£1million when the window opens.

It would be interesting then to see whether the Lloyds Banking Group would insist on a sale as Miller could go for nothing when his contract expires at the end of the season.

McLeish and his assistant, Andy Watson, know all about the free-scoring striker from their time together at Hibs and Scotland and are looking for a goalscorer to join the Premiership club.

Miller is also looking for one final payday before he retires and would not be bothered by the fact he has already played for Birmingham's Midlands rivals Derby County and Wolves. But Rangers fans would be gutted to see the striker leave as he has netted 20 times already this season.

Brum need to boost their squad and McLeish, having missed out on a clutch of forward targets last summer, remains in need of attacking players.

James McFadden is a long-term injury absentee and Aleksandr Hleb is also out through injury.

McLeish's squad is thin and he accepts his team has to become more dangerous and creative. He said: "There is scope to be adding to our squad, no question about it."

I think we are going to hear a lot of these stories until the window shuts.

Edited by pete

Only had two beers and now i am on to multi-vitamin drink. I am rotten with the cold. Frig'n worked all year without being a day sick and after 1 day holiday I am rotten with the cold. I had a quick glance through to see if it was posted but obviously overlooked it. I had my eyes checked recently as well.:cry:

SPURS boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed that Robbie Keane will be on his way in the January transfer window.

The Tottenham striker has had a miserable time at White Hart Lane having been used just as an occasional substitute since the arrival of �£8million forward Rafael van der Vaart from Real Madrid in August.

Redknapp said: "Robbie would like to move and he wants to play. He is a boy who has played all his career. He is not used to not playing.

"He is a fantastic professional and is still a top, top player and would grace most Premier League clubs.

"It's just that he has been unfortunate that Rafa came in and I've been playing one up with him.

"I have Defoe, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko and Robbie so it's been difficult to get him in the team on a regular basis.

"He wants to go and play somewhere, but as for where he wants to go or offers � I haven't heard anything about any offers for him."

Keane was loaned to Celtic last season and has since been linked with a move to West Ham, Aston Villa or Birmingham.

Redknapp said: "If it was the right offer � and it would be up to the chairman to decide that � I think Robbie would want to play, if it's the right move for him.

"But he's not just going to go anywhere. It's got to be a move that he fancies otherwise he'll stay here and fight for his place."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/football/3317803/Harry-Redknapp-says-Robbie-Keane-will-leave-Spurs.html#ixzz196Y7RJkc

I think Birmingham would be more interested in him than Miller,hopefully,unless the BHEASTS take Keane:grin: