From today's Sun.....

And where the ultra-moronic found a surreal way to try and screw up a tribute to the 66 lives lost in the 1971 Ibrox Disaster.

As the stadium fell still on ref Craig Thomson's whistle, a cough came from the Celtic End. Then another. Then another and another and lots more anothers until it was as clear as the red nose on a flu-ridden reindeer's face that this was an orchestrated effort to make a point.

What that point was, we'll never know. But it seems some lame-brains just don't have the civility to shut the hell up for 60 seconds in memory of others.

As the seconds ticked painfully slowly, someone in the middle of the away support started to applaud.

The coughing was crap i listened to the video on FF. I was coughing as much watching it. As for the hand-clap was just one dumb tim who was soon put in his place by other supporters. The people standing filming with camera's were just as disrespectful. We really must not start trying to microscope incidents looking to score points. The huge majority of the Celtic support were excellent and should be complimented on their behaviour during the silence. Let us worry about the real problems at Rangers without worrying about a few coughs.

The coughing was crap i listened to the video on FF. I was coughing as much watching it. As for the hand-clap was just one dumb tim who was soon put in his place by other supporters. The people standing filming with camera's were just as disrespectful. We really must not start trying to microscope incidents looking to score points. The huge majority of the Celtic support were excellent and should be complimented on their behaviour during the silence. Let us worry about the real problems at Rangers without worrying about a few coughs.

Most of the coughing was deliberate. You are correct about the vast majority, but I don't think that the few idiots in their support should get away without criticism just because Rangers played badly.

I just watched some highlights and, while I might be wrong, I don't see any sign of David Murray at the ceremony. Which would be entirely fitting since the arrogant bastard never understood what Rangers was about or gave a fig about the average supporter.

I kept hearing cameras going off which annoyed me more than anything. And the coughs were a bit annoying too, is it that hard to be completely silent for 60 seconds unless you are dying of man flu

I also have to say I was near bubbling when the team was led out for the silence

On the whole the silence was well observed. The few Celtic fans who seemed to have heavy colds did not infect many others and the lone clapper was quickly silenced before the disease spread. I think sending out Billy McNeil (with John Greig) did the trick with the Celtic fans many of whom also no doubt remembered the pictures of Jock Stein on the pitch in the midst of the tragedy.

Reid, Lawwell and Lennon were noticeable at the service today.

Just shows that it is not impossible to bridge the great divide on occasions such as this.

Reid, Lawwell and Lennon were noticeable at the service today.

Just shows that it is not impossible to bridge the great divide on occasions such as this.

IMO Reid, Lawwell and Lennon were there because they had to be seen to be there! Their various antics in the first half of the season have shown that the only thing they have respect for is themselves and their own club.