Looks like we will receive some money from a Charlie Adam transfer, also Smith hopeful he can use any money we get for Miller.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/maurice-edu-we-can-cope-without-kenny-miller-1.1079256

Maurice Edu today insisted Rangers can still retain the SPL title ââ?¬â?? as top scorer Kenny Miller gets ready to leave for Fiorentina.

The 22-goal hitman, who has rejected terms on a new contract, had been targeted by Birmingham in a �£650,000 deal, but looks set to snub Alex McLeish and move to Serie A by the end of this week.

Miller has been offered around �£40,000-a-week on a two-and-a-half year deal, and the Italians are now locked in talks with Gers chief executive Martin Bain over a fee for a quick sale.

Despite reports today of a Ã?£700,000 fee already being agreed, sources at Ibrox said nothing had been struck with the Italians. And they will only resume their pursuit of Dundee Unitedââ?¬â?¢s David Goodwillie once a fee for Miller is banked. Whether they can scrape together enough cash for the Ã?£1.5m-rated 21-year-old ââ?¬â?? with Fiorentina reluctant to match Birminghamââ?¬â?¢s offer ââ?¬â?? remains to be seen.

Asked if he was confident he would be able to use any proceeds from the sale of Miller to go back in for Goodwillie, Gers boss Walter Smith said today: ââ?¬Å?I think we will (get the funds to re-invest) ââ?¬â?? I would hope so.ââ?¬Â

But Edu, who made his return in the 3-0 Scottish Cup win over Kilmarnock after two months out, believes his side can cope if Miller departs.

He said: ââ?¬Å?Kenny has been a big player. He has scored umpteen goals but, as with any situation where a player leaves or gets injured, it is an opportunity for another player to step in.ââ?¬Â

Edu has been impressed with how Rangers handled the loss of Kris Boyd, who joined Middlesbrough on a Bosman last summer.

And he is confident the likes of Kyle Lafferty, James Beattie or Nikica Jelavic ââ?¬â?? who is close to returning after recover-ing from injury ââ?¬â?? can supply the goals to win three-in-a-row.

Edu said: ââ?¬Å?People were questioning what would happen after Kris left. But this is another situation where the team has to come together. We have the personnel here to cope without Kenny.ââ?¬Â

Meantime, Gers are keeping an eye on Charlie Adamâ��s situation at Blackpool. Sources at the club confirmed they are on a 10 per cent sell-on of any fee over �£500,000 for their former player.

Aston Villa are set to go back in with a �£3.5m bid for the Scotland ace after an initial approach was rejected, and that would land Gers a much-needed �£300,000 windfall should it go through.

Good news if true. But given the inflated values of Premiership players, surely �£3.5m is a bit cheap for a proven performer, club captain with international caps?

We bought Davis for �£3m. I don't see that Adam is better than Davis (based on last season's form).

I don't see how the bank could insist on it be included. Blackpool couild easily refuse to accept it as a clause.

Seeing they can tell Rangers what they can spend etc. perhaps they told Bain to include it in the negotiations. Bain doesn't usuallly have these bright ideas.

Seeing they can tell Rangers what they can spend etc. perhaps they told Bain to include it in the negotiations. Bain doesn't usuallly have these bright ideas.

There's plenty to criticise Bain over, but we have no idea what goes on in these negotiations.

What would be better? An offer of �£500K plus 10% sell-on fee or �£700K plus no sell-on fee? If the bank were given the choice, which one would they have gone for?

If it was me, and without the benefit of hindsight, I'd go for the �£700K. I'm sure the bank would too.