Ally McCoist today refused to blame Kenny Miller for leaving Rangers mid-season for the lure of Bursaspor�s millions.

The striker has moved to Turkey in a deal that will net him �£50,000 a week on a two-and-a-half year contract.

Rangers will get just Ã?£400,000 ââ?¬â?? plus a further Ã?£100,000 should the Turks qualify for the Champions League next season ââ?¬â?? for their top scorer.

The departure of the 31-year-old, who was out of contract at the end of the season, has left many Gers fans wondering if their hopes of three-in-a-row will go with him.

But on the day Miller revealed the new contract offered to him by the Ibrox club would have meant accepting a ââ?¬Å?30 or 40% wage cutââ?¬Â, McCoist held no grudges.

The Ibrox No.2 said: ââ?¬Å?Kenny has made a wonderful contribution for the period that he has been here.

ââ?¬Å?It would be safe to say that Kenny has been great for the club and the club has been great for Kenny over the period.

ââ?¬Å?It has certainly been a good partnership and he goes with our blessing and our thanks. But we will be disappointed to see him go obviously because he has been an integral part of the team over the past few seasons.ââ?¬Â

Miller has been criticised for rejecting the opportunity to join Premiership side Birmingham in favour of Bursaspor, whom he came up against in the Champions League earlier this season.

But he insisted today: ââ?¬Å?Listen, it doesnââ?¬â?¢t bother me what people think. People can have their opinions. Ultimately everyone should look at the facts of the situation.

ââ?¬Å?I wasnââ?¬â?¢t offered a contract by Rangers which I felt was suitable for me.

ââ?¬Å?Whether it was now or the summer, I was definitely leaving. I just donââ?¬â?¢t think itââ?¬â?¢s right for me to be labelled a money grabber just because I have been offered a better contract somewhere.

ââ?¬Å?Should I just sign for Rangers again, even though the contract is worth 30 or 40% less than my current one?

ââ?¬Å?Or should I think about my family and providing for them? Football is a short career, remember.ââ?¬Â

Gers boss Walter Smith has launched a frantic bid to find striker back-up before the window closes on January 31, using the incoming fee and Millerâ��s wages between now and the end of the season, which would have amounted to around �£350,000.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/ally-mccoist-we-don-t-blame-kenny-miller-1.1081175

I can well see Millers view. A 30-40% drop would have meant what 10-14k / week? After tax thats 5-7k and not that much for a footballer going into his last 3-4 years before not earning big bucks anymore.

If anyone on here was asked to take a paycut of that percentages im sure we'd tell the boss where to stuff it.

But as for the hunt for a striker is concerned, Im not too sure why WS likes to have about 6 strikers available when he barely plays 2 together. At one stage in 2009 we had about 9 strikers including Darcheville, Cousin, Velicka etc.

Unless he expects Beattie to continue being junk then a striker may be needed but who is the big question!

I can well see Millers view. A 30-40% drop would have meant what 10-14k / week? After tax thats 5-7k and not that much for a footballer going into his last 3-4 years before not earning big bucks anymore.

If anyone on here was asked to take a paycut of that percentages im sure we'd tell the boss where to stuff it.

Not only that, but Miller's wage in Turkey is reportedly tax free which if true makes it an astronomical amount of money he was offered. Hard to say whether these reports of �£50k p/w are true or not though. Could be a load of BS.

Is this a stupid remark? Why can't we say to Miller we will release you early to receive that bumper pay roll, but we want x amount to release you early. Surely If miller is going to earn millions the Rangers should be able to cash in on his part of the deal.