You may be interested to read the following post from Vanguardbears ... the poster himself is an impeccable source ...

Good Bear I know has been in my work having a chat in the last hour. This bloke comes from Barrhead and grew up beside Donald Muir and was his guest at the Hamilton game last week. I've been told that Muir is as big a Bluenose as anyone can be and is doing all in his power to ensure Rangers are sold and back on the straight and narrow. When asked if the takeover was ever going to happen, apparently Muir said, the hold up was all concerning the tax problems Murray left us with, but Muir doesn't think it'll be too big a problem. He thinks Whyte and Ellis will own Rangers very soon and Murray will be gone for good. He even said, that he likes Ellis and his views on the club.

Obviously I've not got the time to write everything that was said, so I'll just give a few hints on the conversation.

Muir went to the bank and ensured Rangers got the spending money for Jelavic. Bain didn't want to spend this money and Walter persuaded him it was essential.

Muir has no time for Bain at all.

Muir has openly said, no harm will come to Rangers in the long term, whilst he's in control during difficult times.

Muir was given the choice between two companies in shit street. One being the Gers, the other, Tom Farmer's (Opus Dei and Hibs) He chose the Gers.

The banners saying enemy within etc towards Muir, apparently could not be further from the truth, as he's been a Bear all of his life and still has season books for the family etc.

Just thought I would give a brief intro to what was said. The guy who gave this info, will be joining VB very soon and I've no reason to doubt his opinions. Like all of us, he's a Unionist - Loyalist - Rangers man.

I hope it's true, I remember Big Eck spoke about Muir so I looked it up......

"I don't ask Walter about his private business, but reading between the lines, all of this is really hurting him. I know the guy Donald Muir as well. I grew up with Donald. Went to primary school with him. And I feel for him also because he's getting that Enemy Within stuff from some of the fans. I know he's a financial doctor sent in to monitor the spending, but he's certainly not an enemy of Rangers, I can tell you that for a fact. He's a big-time Rangers fan, even more fervent than I was when we were young. He's a great guy, a great Rangers supporter. I kept in touch with him when our lives went in different directions and he moved to Toronto in Canada. I went over there with Hibs one year and the first guy I phoned when we got there was Donald. And where does he take us? In with the Bears at the Bramalea Rangers Supporters' Club.

"I spoke to him a while back. I said: 'If only they really knew you. Is there no way you can say something?' But because of the oaths of secrecy, or whatever, he's prevented from saying anything. It's a tough situation, that."

Shite hitting the fan from all sides but funny enough i have felt from the beginning that Muir is really trying to help us out the shit. We simply cannot keep giving money out that we do not have. Simple!

The thing that is wrong with Rangers is Transparency to the supporters. We accepted or were forced into accepting totally no insight to the clubs affairs with Murray. We should never accept that again with any owner. Rangers need supporters more than a sugar daddy out to enlarge his ego.

Shite hitting the fan from all sides but funny enough i have felt from the beginning that Muir is really trying to help us out the shit. We simply cannot keep giving money out that we do not have. Simple!

The thing that is wrong with Rangers is Transparency to the supporters. We accepted or were forced into accepting totally no insight to the clubs affairs with Murray. We should never accept that again with any owner. Rangers need supporters more than a sugar daddy out to enlarge his ego.

I don't believe we were forced into anything. Unfortunately, the relief of success and ambition following the dreadful period of the early 1980's saw too many bears adopt an air of smug, gross complacency. We placed utter faith in Murray and forgot to look past the veneer of his conceit. But I'm with you all the way regarding the next owner, we absolutely must never again forget that we are as much guardians of this club as any owner can ever be and we have an obligation never to be so complacent again or to be so flattered by bullshit.

I've felt this since day one of Muir's appointment. Isn't it coincidental that Muir comes in and Murray steps down?

Jeez, even the likes of me have managed to say as much via the platform of the likes GN gives us.

Edited by Stimpy