The Murray Legacy - are we awake yet?

As you know, for the most part at least, online you're preaching to the converted.

The problem is reaching the majority in a credible fashion. Only way you can do that is via former players/managers prepared to listen to what we have to say, agree, fine-tune it and deliver it publicly for us.

As it stands, that person does not exist - in public at least.

There's always more that can be done. Whether it will be enough to make a difference is another matter but there's a useful clue in the old Derry war cry. It would always help to get a few things straight however, before looking for agreement. I'd suggest the following principles would do less harm than most....

Don't look to existing organizations or 'leaders' to affect change - it will only reinforce inertia.

Don't try to revitalize existing organizations or 'leaders' - it will only reinforce inertia.

Promote a simple but consistent message along the lines of 'it's up to the ordinary fan'

There's always more that can be done. Whether it will be enough to make a difference is another matter but there's a useful clue in the old Derry war cry. It would always help to get a few things straight however, before looking for agreement. I'd suggest the following principles would do less harm than most....

Don't look to existing organizations or 'leaders' to affect change - it will only reinforce inertia.

Don't try to revitalize existing organizations or 'leaders' - it will only reinforce inertia.

Promote a simple but consistent message along the lines of 'it's up to the ordinary fan'

I'm happy to promote anything which changes the status quo but am struggling for ideas myself when we lack the cohesion and innovation to make a difference.

Those that can emphasise the message will not mention the elephant in the room.

Ah, got ye MF.

For leader to emerge, fan groups and representative organisations to need to work together. There's so many of them out there all wanting a slice of the pie that when any of them are challenged, one or two will dig dirt and air it on here or other forums. It's become fashionable to fling dirt instead of working constructively or reflecting on ourselves.

I'd love an actual Gers legend to voice his concerns and ask the fans what you've suggested. Perhaps that would work?

There are no voices, no constructive criticism, there is only the all powering will of Sir David Murray. If Dingwall attains the alleged fan's representative position on the board, who can say what the future will hold.

If Dingwall gets a seat on the Rangers board then it will be the final mockery of the decency the club once stood for.

The only way that could happen is if the club gave a seat on the board to the RSA in which case he'd probably have to be elected as the RSA president.

I'm not sure. There are many who are already critical, some who have been for a decade or more. The problem is in the numbers but it's not true to say we need to fall over the cliff before we realise we're heading downwards. Maybe we just need to listen to different voices. Maybe we just need to find the moment that would previously have been ignored.

I'll second that.

There are no voices, no constructive criticism, there is only the all powering will of Sir David Murray. If Dingwall attains the alleged fan's representative position on the board, who can say what the future will hold.

If the rugby man gets on the board he will have attained his objective, just watch out for the hangers on...