squad numbers from 1990s

I'm trying to find the squad numbers for the players from around 1990 to 1996.

I have a training top belonging to the player wearing number 19. It was the seasons we wore the Admiral top.

I was always told it was Pieter Huistra, but i would be very interested to know for sure.

If anyone can help me with this, i'd very appreciative.

Were squad numbers not introduced in 1998/9 season and Huistra left the club in 1995 so he would never have had an official squad number in the same way as we do now?

I couldn't tell you what the training ground numbers were.

Good excuse to give it "Ohh Ahh Huistra" though.

ok thanx for helping guys, i really appreciate that.

But, if thats the case then during the Admiral seasons, who might have had the "training" number of 19.

It probably means it's a remote sub or youth/reserve player. But i wonder if theres a chance that somone was allocated training numbers for within the squad at training, or if it was a free for all and anyone could have been wearing it.

ok thanx for helping guys, i really appreciate that.

But, if thats the case then during the Admiral seasons, who might have had the "training" number of 19.

It probably means it's a remote sub or youth/reserve player. But i wonder if theres a chance that somone was allocated training numbers for within the squad at training, or if it was a free for all and anyone could have been wearing it.

I doubt anyone would be able to remember.

There's no reason why Huistra could not have been allocated 19 back then, given the size of squad, although I've more recollection of players having initials on their training gear.

Your best bet may be to review the end of year DVDs covering the 90-91 and 91-92 seasons. They may have some video shots of the training ground.