Time to just admit it

Celtic are a better team than us.

I refused to believe it even after the SC game. But today they proved they are better than us, it sadly is that simple.

They have more guile, more creativity, a will to win, a determination not to be beat and a togetherness that has, ironically, seen us win the last two titles.

But then the question we have to ask ourselves is "are we surprised" ? I dont think we should be.

We are having to rely on a 40 yr old centre back who most definitely is playing a season too far. We lost a number of players at the start of the season who really werent replaced. We lost our top scorer in January because we couldnt afford his wages. We have a squad of about 18 players which includes a couple of youngsters.

All the while our rivals have a squad of over 30 players, they have spent a fair amount on transfer fees and wages and seem to be in for almost every player who becomes available. They dont seem to have the financial woes that we do.

Are we really surprised.

At the start of the season did we think we had the better team and/or the better squad ? Or did we think "We will win the league because Walter is too smart for Lennon" ?

The reality is that ANY manager is only as good as the resources he has at hand. Lennon has more AND better resources at hand than we do.

I dont think we should be surprised at where we are. If anything I actually think we should be surprised that we are still in with a chance (albeit very slim) of winning this league. In the last two transfer windows we have lost 50 goals from our squad in losing Boyd & Miller - that would be difficult for ANY manager to overcome.

Celtic have pushed the boat out for Lennon financially, a policy which was very risky but which seems to have paid off - but they have also seen their debt on the rise at the same time, so that brings them somewhat to parity with us.

Unfortunately for all at Rangers, us fans really only care about the product on the park and winning trophies - and we simply cant deny that Celtic look far more likely at the moment to sweep all before them (much as though that almost makes me vomit even typing it).

It really should be time for us to look towards next season and bring in those players who would be relied upon, guys like Ness & Hutton - but even then some fans wont be happy because we do still, technically, have the league within our grasp and within our hands.

Me ? I think we should accept that we are highly unlikely to win the league and start afresh. Drop under-performing players like Davis, Edu, Whittaker and bring in the youngsters..... but do we then run the risk of finishing 3rd ? We are, after all, only 2 points ahead of Hearts.

They're passing is crisper, their movement is good, their players make themselves available to take a pass, they create, they like to attack, they're midfielders support their attack and defence. Our midfield just support the defence and they're getting worse at that too.

Everything we're either shit at or don't do.

When i have to admit your right, only problem is most Gers fans wont admit it.

One thing i need to say is i did not see the game today, i went to the pics to avoid it as i knew we were going to get beat.

I really cant be bothered having a go at smith, it's a waste of time as nothing will happen until the end of the season. He has lost the players and as i predicted before we will not win anymore of the remaining old firm games.

Our season was over on the 02/01/11 when smith bottled the game and they have not looked back since.

The only positive is it's another game nearer the end of smith's tims in charge.

One thing i will say, as much as i hate to say it celtic deserve to win today and the league. Why? Because they are the only team wanting and willing to play football. We will get what we deserve at the end of the season, nothing.

celtic ripped our defence to shreds in first gear today. whittaker ball watched while weir reached for his zimmer frame. but our managers inability to change a game with tactics or substitutions was there for all to see. at 2-0 nil down he perseveres with the 4 5 1 formation and brings on kyle lafferty. we knew at that point at the game that we were finished.

no one showed uo today for rangers, manager included and we got what we deserved.

I admit it, they've got a bigger and richer squad than us and their manager has a winning mentality in them.

Not only are Celtic better than us, but Lennon seems to have the upper hand over Walter as well. 3 OF's in a row we've been outdone all over the park.

But I do have one big blame for today which I will start a new thread for.

Celtic are a better team than us.

I refused to believe it even after the SC game. But today they proved they are better than us, it sadly is that simple.

They have more guile, more creativity, a will to win, a determination not to be beat and a togetherness that has, ironically, seen us win the last two titles.

But then the question we have to ask ourselves is "are we surprised" ? I dont think we should be.

We are having to rely on a 40 yr old centre back who most definitely is playing a season too far. We lost a number of players at the start of the season who really werent replaced. We lost our top scorer in January because we couldnt afford his wages. We have a squad of about 18 players which includes a couple of youngsters.

All the while our rivals have a squad of over 30 players, they have spent a fair amount on transfer fees and wages and seem to be in for almost every player who becomes available. They dont seem to have the financial woes that we do.

Are we really surprised.

At the start of the season did we think we had the better team and/or the better squad ? Or did we think "We will win the league because Walter is too smart for Lennon" ?

The reality is that ANY manager is only as good as the resources he has at hand. Lennon has more AND better resources at hand than we do.

I dont think we should be surprised at where we are. If anything I actually think we should be surprised that we are still in with a chance (albeit very slim) of winning this league. In the last two transfer windows we have lost 50 goals from our squad in losing Boyd & Miller - that would be difficult for ANY manager to overcome.

Celtic have pushed the boat out for Lennon financially, a policy which was very risky but which seems to have paid off - but they have also seen their debt on the rise at the same time, so that brings them somewhat to parity with us.

Unfortunately for all at Rangers, us fans really only care about the product on the park and winning trophies - and we simply cant deny that Celtic look far more likely at the moment to sweep all before them (much as though that almost makes me vomit even typing it).

It really should be time for us to look towards next season and bring in those players who would be relied upon, guys like Ness & Hutton - but even then some fans wont be happy because we do still, technically, have the league within our grasp and within our hands.

Me ? I think we should accept that we are highly unlikely to win the league and start afresh. Drop under-performing players like Davis, Edu, Whittaker and bring in the youngsters..... but do we then run the risk of finishing 3rd ? We are, after all, only 2 points ahead of Hearts.

While I can't disagree with what you say Craig we have to still believe we will come good and put up a fight. We are left with no option but to believe we can turn the corner and at least make a fight of it,hard as it may seem just now.We can only hope we put a wee run together and put ourselves in with a chance of retaining the title.

On wards and upwards,however hard it is to

While I can't disagree with what you say Craig we have to still believe we will come good and put up a fight. We are left with no option but to believe we can turn the corner and at least make a fight of it,hard as it may seem just now.We can only hope we put a wee run together and put ourselves in with a chance of retaining the title.

On wards and upwards,however hard it is to

It won't do Ian and it won't work either. Only two things will make any difference - Investment and leadership - and no amount of onwards and upwards attitude will bring either of these things. Ten thousand supporters refusing to renew season tickets might just get some attention however.

It won't do Ian and it won't work either. Only two things will make any difference - Investment and leadership - and no amount of onwards and upwards attitude will bring either of these things. Ten thousand supporters refusing to renew season tickets might just get some attention however.

And that is looking more further to the truth, but at the end of the day we were well and truly ripped apart and not one player will get pass marks from me as they didn't perform and games in hand mean nothing now, we really have to do our own work on the park and now that we have failed to stop the Celtic juggernaut it's just going to demolish everything in it's path us included and that showed today!!

And that is looking more further to the truth, but at the end of the day we were well and truly ripped apart and not one player will get pass marks from me as they didn't perform and games in hand mean nothing now, we really have to do our own work on the park and now that we have failed to stop the Celtic juggernaut it's just going to demolish everything in it's path us included and that showed today!!