Time to just admit it

The thing that really annoys me with Smith is that it seems he prefers to set out his team and tactics to defend and not lose a goal rather than attack the opposition to score goals.

That doesn't tally with the second goal. We hardly had a player in our half and had to chase back. If we were defending as you say, that goal could not have happened.

That doesn't tally with the second goal. We hardly had a player in our half and had to chase back. If we were defending as you say, that goal could not have happened.

Only because we were already 1-0 down. I was meaning at the start of games anyway.

They are building a decent team over there. Not only that, they are outfighting us everywhere. They have spirit where we have none. The have strength where we have none. They have pace, belief and direction, again where we have none.

They are building a decent team over there. Not only that, they are outfighting us everywhere. They have spirit where we have none. The have strength where we have none. They have pace, belief and direction, again where we have none.

Sadly, that's a good summary of the situation.

Despite that, Weir was still playing too deep and played Izaguirre onside. Fail all round.

Craig, I do think they are currently a better team, but not by much and tbh they only look slightly better because our poor performances are making them look that way in the recent OF games. They've probably struggled against other SPL teams and scraped through to get 3 points just as many times as us this season, so they're not on a completely different level or anything and I don't think there's that much between us despite how it looked today.

We're in a position where if we win our two games in hand, the OF game at Ibrox and match or better their points tally in the other remaining games, we'll win the title. It's still there to be won or lost and while today was a major disappointment and set-back which makes it more difficult for us, I think we need to believe that we can still come out Champions. The players certainly need to believe that because they won't win us enough games to win the title if they don't believe in themselves. In fact if the players don't believe in themselves we're in serious trouble because you can't have a winning team with players who lack belief.

Personally, I think the club should have sorted the Webster situation in the summer so that he could have replaced Weir this season and also found another central defender for cover. I also don't think the club should have sold Kenny Miller and while it's too late now, I definitely think these things are contributing to the team's problems.

I'm not giving up, that's for sure. I still think this team can win the title and maybe one of the cups, but if we manage to beat Sporting and go through to the last 16 that's going to hamper our chances of winning domestically even further. Looking at the teams in the Europa league I don't think we're good enough to even get to the semi-final with our current squad, so I think I'd rather we didn't go any further at all because having at least another 2 European fixtures to fit in could cost us dearly. The money men at Ibrox might view it differently right enough because staying in Europe obviously means more money in the short term.

Zappa, the problem is, going on the last 3 OF games, we haven't looked capable of upping the level to get competitive with them. There seems to be an attitude of defeat around Ibrox and Murray Park whereas their confidence and team spirit is high. It's gonna take a massive swing in momentum to change anything.