Not talking about Totti alone here because I don't know if talking about someone when they're not here is right and what I'm going to say applies to several others anyway.

People might need to consider taking a wee look at themselves if they're holding grudges against one-another on a discussion board because of previous disagreements they've had. This is essentially what's been happening between certain people on the forum, all of whom should really know better. Arguments and disagreements shouldn't end up being a problem whether they're slightly heated or not and if they do get heated people should be intelligent enough to deal with it before blowing a gasket. If you get to a stage of anger suffient that you're about to start dishing out abuse to other forum members, you're really needing to let off steam and probably not on the internet. Switch off your computer and release your agression in one of the following popular ways: Repeatedly bang your head off of or punch a brick wall; turn a ring on your cooker up full and stick your hand on it; have a wank with heavy grit sand-paper; go the pub and start a fight with the biggest or meanest looking fucker there; find a CCTV camera and wave up to it with a smile before vandalizing it; get a piece of metal wire, hold an end with each hand and stick it in an electrical wall socket. All of these are popular ways off letting off steam or releasing tension. Just have fun without fear and all your worries and troubles will dissappear! Once you get out of hospital or jail, switch your computer back on and get back to your online activities with a new found calmness and appreciation for discussion.

Not talking about Totti alone here because I don't know if talking about someone when they're not here is right and what I'm going to say applies to several others anyway.

People might need to consider taking a wee look at themselves if they're holding grudges against one-another on a discussion board because of previous disagreements they've had. This is essentially what's been happening between certain people on the forum, all of whom should really know better. Arguments and disagreements shouldn't end up being a problem whether they're slightly heated or not and if they do get heated people should be intelligent enough to deal with it before blowing a gasket. If you get to a stage of anger suffient that you're about to start dishing out abuse to other forum members, you're really needing to let off steam and probably not on the internet. Switch off your computer and release your agression in one of the following popular ways: Repeatedly bang your head off of or punch a brick wall; turn a ring on your cooker up full and stick your hand on it; have a wank with heavy grit sand-paper; go the pub and start a fight with the biggest or meanest looking fucker there; find a CCTV camera and wave up to it with a smile before vandalizing it; get a piece of metal wire, hold an end with each hand and stick it in an electrical wall socket. All of these are popular ways off letting off steam or releasing tension. Just have fun without fear and all your worries and troubles will dissappear! Once you get out of hospital or jail, switch your computer back on and get back to your online activities with a new found calmness and appreciation for discussion.

:rolleyes:

If I ever needed advice I'd ask a friend or family.

:rolleyes:

If I ever needed advice I'd ask a friend or family.

Wasn't intended for you Gav. :boogie:

It was intended more as a Viz-style 'Top Tips' thing in relation to the thread, but admittedly isn't very funny. Really need to work on the old humour! :wtf:

Wasn't intended for you Gav. :boogie:

It was intended more as a Viz-style 'Top Tips' thing in relation to the thread, but admittedly isn't very funny. Really need to work on the old humour! :wtf:

I'll try the heavy grit sandpaper thing but you're getting the medical bill buddy.

You try your recommendations first and let me know how you get on.

This is a discussion board with real people and we're all supposed to support the same team.

Conducting ourselves with a bit of decorum is the minimum we should do and while the odd difference of opinion makes for interesting reading, I'm surprised people can't disagree without resorting to child-like behaviour.

By the same token, I'm sure we can all survive being called a few names and should take it as a compliment when you force folk into name-calling tangents. It's almost always a sign you've won the debate! :cool:

Real people? Surely this is just a discussion between faceless usernames who never meet except in the ether of Gersnet. Real people meeting face to face would never have the same exchanges. But I love it when you insist "we're" all real, it shows real commitment to the cyber cause.

What got banned here is a username called Totti who, for all anyone knows, could still be posting here under another username, displaying altogether different characteristics.

There is no reality here, only degrees of pretense .... like "winning" the debate. Are there prizes?:):)

Edited by maineflyer