St Mirren 0 - 1 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers stumble past St Mirren in a results over performance afternoon in Paisley.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=379:st-mirren-0-1-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:kbartley:

I thought most of our defence played quite well yesterday but Bartley's goal helped him win the award over the others.

:)

dire performance. I'd give it to Bartley though.

What have we done to John Fleck ? Composure, touch, control, awareness used to be his strengths. yesterday, everything about his performance was shocking.

Another young player where we've sucked out any genuine talent and technique ?? Looks terrible.

MB:

I don't think Fleck helps himself to be honest. His fitness looks poor, he looks overweight, his set-pieces are poor and his attitude less than first-rate.

Sure, I doubt our coaching is first class but the virtues above are the responsibility of the player more than anything else.

Generally with some more games, hopefully he'll be a bit sharper and gain some much needed confidence.

MB:

I don't think Fleck helps himself to be honest. His fitness looks poor, he looks overweight, his set-pieces are poor and his attitude less than first-rate.

Sure, I doubt our coaching is first class but the virtues above are the responsibility of the player more than anything else.

Generally with some more games, hopefully he'll be a bit sharper and gain some much needed confidence.

agreed mate - it is a two way thing. player has responsibility as well. just feel he's never been played in the correct position. i just hope that this is not another young player who looked to have good technique early on but loses it and just becomes another run of tyhe mill SPL player.

Fleck cleared the ball off the line for us otherwise we might have been dropping points yesterday.

He looked really good when he came on for the last 30 mins in the 2-1 CIS cup game against Motherwell at Ibrox. He was playing quite central in a forward role supporting Jelavic and he picked out a few beautiful passes to set Jelavic up with shooting chances. We should really have won that game more comfortably, but Jelavic wasn't back to his best or even close to it at that point.

I've seen some other good things coming from Fleck as well and tend to think that the good things he does get glossed over or forgotten about because he gets played out of position so often and really does look out of position too. The lad should play through the middle supporting the striker, not on the wing.

He has done the odd good thing and does play best just behind the striker.

However, yesterday he was central and still struggled with the basics which can't be attributed to him playing out of position.

Fleck cleared the ball off the line for us otherwise we might have been dropping points yesterday.

He looked really good when he came on for the last 30 mins in the 2-1 CIS cup game against Motherwell at Ibrox. He was playing quite central in a forward role supporting Jelavic and he picked out a few beautiful passes to set Jelavic up with shooting chances. We should really have won that game more comfortably, but Jelavic wasn't back to his best or even close to it at that point.

I've seen some other good things coming from Fleck as well and tend to think that the good things he does get glossed over or forgotten about because he gets played out of position so often and really does look out of position too. The lad should play through the middle supporting the striker, not on the wing.

agreed - he is a typicl number 10 and needs to be played there regularly to get the best out of him. I'm just concened about his basics at the moment - touch, control, passing, composure, awreness nowhere near as good as it can be/should be. when he cam on the scene the thing that struck me about him was his gtreat awareness touch, composure and the ability to make great linking passes. Ok, yesterday everyone was awful, but he had a real nightmare. Fitness up to scratch ? I'm not sure, but he has to start getting back his technique - it's what his game is all about and what made him stand out above the rest at an early age.

Zappa, Fleck looked poor in the CIS cup for me anyway it was the match previously or after that he was quite good iirc. Our coaching does seem suspect as we are struggling with the basics of passing for example.