I am heading over this week for the game. Staying in Amsterdam but will be taking the train there and back on the Thursday.

Just wanted to know if anyone who has been before could recommend places to go/avoid in Eindhoven. Obviously will be looking to meet up with the bears once I get there so is there a known meeting point, Gers friendly pubs etc.

Any advice would be appreciated

Edited by Trailio

Hopefully Pete can help you mate!

Have a safe journey!

I have been to Eindhoven twice but I am afraid it was a long time ago to watch Scotland play Holland and to watch Wolves play PSV. I am afraid I don't know enough about it to advise you. I will say the twice I have been there I was very impressed. I don't know if they are everywhere in the ground but where I sat they had big burners blasting down on me. I was sitting with a T-shirt on in the middle of winter. I will try and get some information for you before you leave. I do know a few places to avoid in Amsterdam though. The red light district It costs you money.;) Just have a walk round and go back to your hotel for a :wanker:. It is far cheaper and leaves more money for beer.:D

Ha ha cheers Pete. I know Amsterdam well enough, I've been several times before just never ventured to anywhere else in Holland.

Leaving tomorrow morning so if you don't manage it's no problem.

I just thought that with us playing them a couple of times a few years ago there might have been a few people on here that had some experiences.

I got back on Friday and I have to say it was an awesome trip. It's the first time I've followed The Gers abroad since 2000 when we beat Monaco and I wasn't dissapointed, what a laugh!!. I went with my bro and neither of us had tickets but we were pretty confident we could sort something out over there. After taking the train from Amsterdam we drank with all the Bears in the main square in Eindhoven and spent most of the day trying to get tickets. Failed to get them for the Gers end but through a stroke of luck manged to get 2 tickets in the PSV end (we wore no colours so it was fine) and the people sitting around us were brand new, we even exchanged numbers with the guy who gave us the tickets as he wants to go to an old firm match. Had to laugh when the teams came out after half time to Simply the Best, turns out this is also one of PSV's songs

I have to say the behaviour of the Bears throughout the trip was exceptional even considering that fans of Spartak Moscow, Zenet St Petersburg and Ajax were all out in Amsterdam after their matches and we didn't see any trouble at all.

Also have to add that the police/security had a lot to do with this, although you could see a strong presence at the corner of your eye they never got involved.

Good result as well

I got back on Friday and I have to say it was an awesome trip. It's the first time I've followed The Gers abroad since 2000 when we beat Monaco and I wasn't dissapointed, what a laugh!!. I went with my bro and neither of us had tickets but we were pretty confident we could sort something out over there. After taking the train from Amsterdam we drank with all the Bears in the main square in Eindhoven and spent most of the day trying to get tickets. Failed to get them for the Gers end but through a stroke of luck manged to get 2 tickets in the PSV end (we wore no colours so it was fine) and the people sitting around us were brand new, we even exchanged numbers with the guy who gave us the tickets as he wants to go to an old firm match. Had to laugh when the teams came out after half time to Simply the Best, turns out this is also one of PSV's songs

I have to say the behaviour of the Bears throughout the trip was exceptional even considering that fans of Spartak Moscow, Zenet St Petersburg and Ajax were all out in Amsterdam after their matches and we didn't see any trouble at all.

Also have to add that the police/security had a lot to do with this, although you could see a strong presence at the corner of your eye they never got involved.

Good result as well

I'm surprised about the Spartak and Zenit fans they hate each other, there has been videos on youtube about those 2.

I'm surprised about the Spartak and Zenit fans they hate each other, there has been videos on youtube about those 2.

Yeah was a little worried it might kick off but surprisingly didn't see any trouble although I heard after I got back that there had been some isolated incidents.