Rangers 2 - 1 Kilmarnock: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers reduce deficit to Celtic with laboured victory at home to average Killie outfit.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=381:rangers-2-1-kilmarnock-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:dw:

Not a great range of players to choose from but whatever Weir did he did pretty well for the most part so I'll give him the award.

Cap is doffed to Bougherra who worked extremely hard and Weiss who came on to create the winning goal.

Dirty look is given to management team for such a defensive team and less than speedy response to gutless performance from many players.

Yeah, I never heard who the sponsors gave it to now you mention it. Bartley did well and really does look a decent player actually.

Obviously Weir had less of an attacking influence on the game than Bougherra or Bartley but he was really solid at the back and his passing was largely pretty good.

It's a joke that we're again discussing defenders as MotM though. :(

It's a joke that we're again discussing defenders as MotM though. :(

When the manager plays THAT many defenders the odds are pretty high that one or two of them will be in line for MotM. :sad:

It wasn't even laughable that we used our ultra defensive European formation in a bread and butter SPL game.

If the reason was because they're '4th' then that's pathetic.

Seeing 5 at the back was just awful, and there really wasn't an excuse for it.

You really really like Weir huh.

To be honest mate,all I'm saying is when he plays he's nearly always the player who doesn't make too many mistakes and organises well,however I've always said if we had another CB that was decent I'd like Weir to be only played as a back up,or an extra CB when we are in Europe against the stronger teams and agree this should be his last season for Rangers. Does WS pick the whole team just so he can play Weir?,I don't think so,but would admit WS wants him in the team so maybe he does. I wonder what system WS would playing if Weir was not here?. I still blame our non exsistent midfield for a lot of our troubles,games are won and lost in midfield and we don't have one.