Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers take the first silverware of the season with dominant display at Scotland's national stadium.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=386:celtic-1-2-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:sd:

I said the other day we needed our midfield to show up if we were to win. And boy did they all play well with Davis showing us exactly why we rate him so much.

In truth though, we could probably pick anyone and not disagree.

:spl:

I don't think anyone could argue against Steve Davis, he had an inspired game. But the much-maligned Kyle Lafferty maybe deserves a wee mention in dispatches for his efforts, as does Stephen Naismith who has returned from injury with a great attitude. Ah shit, mention them all .... except Edu whose lacklustre attitude really pissed me off.

much better performance aby all the players than of late.

special mention to Whittaker, who did well at right back and was outstanding when he went to CH. When Boogie went off I feared the worst, but Whittaker was solid.

Fantastic tackle from Hooper shot late on.

He may not be Messi, but Whittkerr has been played in more positions than Ron Jeremy recently !!

Can't be easy for him not having a settled position most of the time.

Had to vote for Davis. Possibly his best game of the season so far. Definitely one of them.

Not quite sure where the notion of Lafferty having pace comes from though. If he did have pace he could actually be a good striker. His mobility is also questionable, but in fairness he did do really well yesterday and won a lot of headers despite that not being one of his best attributes.

Edited by Zappa
typo

Got to give a special award to Sir Walter for finally taking his head out of his keester and setting the team out to win instead of to not lose. I doubt there was a single bear whose heart didn't go out to him when he held that cup above his head. Well done Walter.:spl: