Charlie Adam To Manchester United �£8m

Manchester United are favourites to win the �£8million race for Blackpoolâ��s sought-after midfielder Charlie Adam, who plays for Scotland against Brazil at the Emirates on Sunday.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has bided his time for 25-year-old Adam, who was the subject of a bidding war between Tottenham and Liverpool in the last transfer window.

But after discussions with Walter Smith - Adam�s former boss at Rangers - Ferguson will enter the race for the player as he seeks a long-term successor to Paul Scholes.

Blackpool will not stand in his way of moving at the end of the season and Adam is believed to find the allure of Champions League football a huge incentive, even if he will not be guaranteed a regular starting place.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1370336/Manchester-United-set-make-8m-summer-Blackpool-star-Charlie-Adam.html#ixzz1Hngbs3mV

Funny thing is that when we get to see him play for Scotland, he looks the same old Charlie that had Rangers fans pulling their hair out. Worst player on the pitch against Brazil.

Surely not?!?!?! Charlie Adam is the best player to come out of Scotland since Kenny Dal.

Funny thing is that when we get to see him play for Scotland, he looks the same old Charlie that had Rangers fans pulling their hair out. Worst player on the pitch against Brazil.

I never seen the Scotland game so can't comment,but he has been turning in MOTM performances all season in the EPL,he must be doing something right

I never seen the Scotland game so can't comment,but he has been turning in MOTM performances all season in the EPL,he must be doing something right

Indeed, and yet goes back to his crappy old Rangers ways playing for his country. Odd one eh?

I wouldn't dispute that but I haven't seen the games. For Scotland he played the exact way that had him punted from Rangers. Long diagonal balls to no-one, the byline or the opposition, with better options on; poor free kick into the wall, poor shot to row z, needlessly giving the ball away in dangerous areas almost causing goals, bad tackles which led to free kicks and of course he gave the penalty away.

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all but he was gash for Scotland which is the only time I've seen him. Perhaps the Blackpool team and system just suit him perfectly - which could mean he might not be as effective elsewhere...

He played really well in one of the recent Scotland games. Was it against Spain when he came on for the second half? I remember him making some mistakes, but also playing very well overall.

He played really well in one of the recent Scotland games. Was it against Spain when he came on for the second half? I remember him making some mistakes, but also playing very well overall.

He was fantastic in that game against Spain. His passing was brilliant. I also watch a lot of Premiership games and have watched Blackpool a fair few times and Adam is the one that makes them tick. His fitness levels are so much better than what they were at Rangers. He was played in a holding role against Brazil whereas at Blackpool he is given a more box-to-box role.

Adam was not good yesterday, poor passing, hollywood passes as well, costing Scotland goals, caught in possession .

He does the same at Blackpool but not as bad, he has cost Blackpool a fair few goals.