Regan's Comments Don't Surprise Me One Bit - Wee Joe

I would be surprised if Stewart Regan didn�t know exactly what he was doing when he commented on the happenings of the League Cup final; I�m sure he had reasons for doing it that way; one would be that he didn�t want to make an enemy of the establishment team in Scotland.

He has called a summit this Wednesday at Hampden and invited along the clubs; the police; and the politicians; he has failed to invite the people who have made it necessary to have the summit in the first place; the most poisonous football supports in Europe.

I have a certain sympathy with Mr Regan; he is in the unenviable situation of being surrounded by bigoted oafs like George Peat; he also has in the office another clown; Billy Singh of Show Racism the Red Card; an organisation that took a full year to admit that the ââ?¬Å?Famine Songââ?¬Â was racist; he just happens to be a Rangers supporter; surprise; surprise.

Reganââ?¬â?¢s statement is classic they are two sides of the same coin; ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m conscious that it (sectarian chanting) is becoming more of an issue in recent times; Iââ?¬â?¢ve been told its gathering momentum and itââ?¬â?¢s more prevalent now than it was this time last year. Now why would that be Mr Regan? Would it because all the threats of closed door matches and point deduction were a bluff; the SFA; and indeed UEFA have failed miserably in that respect.

He also talks of political songs and sectarian songs; I don�t think you would need a degree to define the songs which fall into which category; but I think I can say without fear of contradiction; No Pope of Rome; the Famine Song; and being up to your knees in Fenian Blood certainly are not political songs.

The media have completely brushed this issue under the carpet; they know for an absolute fact who is responsible; and therefore who need to be punished; but apart from Graham Spiers and George Galloway; nobody has come out and said who is to blame; guys like Gordon Waddell didn�t even mention it in his column yesterday; and today in the Daily Mail John Greechan is calling for the person who threw the banana at Neymar to be tracked down and banned forever; why isn�t he calling for 50,000 bigots to be banned forever?

So what will happen on Wednesday at the summit? People like justice minister Mac Askill and assistant chief constable Corrigan have actually backed themselves into a corner with their comments after the last match; so how do they now come out and say there is a problem?

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell played a blinder in the last summit; he came out and applauded our fans for their positive and inspiring support; what did Marin Bain say about his fans? Zilch; his silence told its own story.

Finally let me say this; I think the Celtic fans need to stop contributing to the media; not only by not purchasing their rags; but also by not appearing on their radio shows; we never get a balanced report; all these people are doing is using the Celtic fans to stir up controversy and therefore boost their listening figures; just ask yourself this; when was the last time Keevens or Traynor stood up for Celtic? Or maybe more important; when was the last time any of the two of them said anything disrespectful of Walter or his team?

Joe O'Rourke

Administrator

http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=867&p=4164#post4164

I'm sure George Peat will be interested to know an official Celtic fan representative is calling him a bigot even if it is crazy Joe...

Maybe somebody should email it to him:twisted:

Mad Joe's statement has more holes in it than a collander !

Just one "Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell played a blinder in the last summit; he came out and applauded our fans for their positive and inspiring support; what did Marin Bain say about his fans? Zilch; his silence told its own story."

Just because Lawell says it doesnt make it so.