St Johnstone 0 - 2 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers take the points despite ragged performance on dreadful pitch in Perth.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=390:st-johnstone-v-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=1:articles&Itemid=67

:am:

Crucial save at 1-0 won us the points as much as anything else last night. Nods of approval for Lafferty and Whittaker also!

:)

Credit where it is due and I thought the MOTM for us was Edu, who showed a welcome (and much overdue) return to form last night and looked more like himself, tackling hard, passing better and reading the game better.

On a dreadful pitch and in blustery conditions it was never going to be one for the purists, and I couldnt help but thinking that I wish it is exactly the same next week when Saints entertain the bheasts, as those conditions were a great leveller.

Only really 2 pieces of brilliance last night, McGregors save and Jelavic's dribble and shot off the underside of the bar.

Surely Naismith will pick up that award - No?

Naismith and Miller were both superb in the first half of the season but McGregor has done the business throughout. Unfortunately, he's not on the short list so Naismith has to be considered the most probable candidate in a season that's been quite uninspiring individually.

Plenty of effort from Lafferty and Whittaker was solid. Improved performance from Edu but for that save which was worth 3 points

Don't agree Edu was any better, even if Derek Rae claimed he was. He passed the ball to men in the right shirts a bit more than usual, but contributed hee haw to the game. He doesn't dig in, doesn't create chances, barely passes, and struggles to control the ball. I used to really like Edu but he's been off form this whole season and needs to be dropped.